Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
X-Blade

Join Team Future

We are looking for help in the following categories:
Level Designing - If you are experienced with ZDoom editing and scripting, then this spot is for you!
Sound Designing - We need people who can contribute ambient sounds and sound sequences for use in our levels.
Texture Designing - This spot is very important. If you can create high quality textures, then we want you!
Sprite Designing - This will be very important when we implement new weapons, monsters, and items.
Beta-Testing - *filled
If you are interested in any of these positions, send me an email or post a follow-up.

Quote from previous message; "I don't mean to be mean, but maybe you should actually look around at some of the other projects in need of help and team up with them instead. It's not always hard to combine your ideas with another's and usually you'll end up with something even better." That's all.

Your message is out of place, Lüt. If you're not interested in joining, don't post anything...

Man, don't tell me I'm out of place. Help somebody else out, there are like 10 projects out there you could combine into one with just a little thought. Pay attention to how many other people who've done the same as you have finished what they had planned, let alone got any decent responses at all. The only difference between them and you is harder requirements to meet.

On the other hand, thank you for being the first person to spell my name right.

Lut;

First, everyone spells your name wrong because they don't want to go look through that character map thing. Maybe windows should have accented letter more easily accessible (And I don't mean hitting CTRL+ALT and a memorized keypad combination)

Second, Team Future already has about a dozen members. Why are you suggesting he scraps the whole thing to join another project?

Sign me up for that beta-testing position.
And I may be able to contribute a few sounds (can't make too many promises, though)

Hyena said:

Lut;

First, everyone spells your name wrong because they don't want to go look through that character map thing. Maybe windows should have accented letter more easily accessible (And I don't mean hitting CTRL+ALT and a memorized keypad combination)

Second, Team Future already has about a dozen members. Why are you suggesting he scraps the whole thing to join another project?

Alt-641 ;)

Judging by that post it would appear he had one or two, it would seem that they aren't doing very much if he has that many open spaces.

Guest sick

id gladly be a beta tester

Lüt said:

Alt-641 ;)

Judging by that post it would appear he had one or two, it would seem that they aren't doing very much if he has that many open spaces.

Lüt (there you go, sorry :). Anyway I didn't think your response to the original post was out of place. I too thought
that Team Future probably didn't have very many members either.
I thought your suggestion was a reasonable one. This misunderstanding could have been avoided had X-Blade been more clear about how many members were already working on the project, and how much work had already been done.

Our whole goal in having a large team is to lighten the work load on members. This way everybody can spend more time with details rather than having to race through their work so they can produce a huge amount. And, stphrz, I really don't think it is necessary for me to have to post the details on the team or the work that has been done so far. That is what our page is for. But, I can see that this situation is starting to get people to take sides on it so let's end it at that.

I'm not on anyone's side on this. It's just that there are so many different projects in the works right now it's hard to keep track of them all. I've since been to your webpage and it looks like you have things well in hand. Your reasons for wanting a large team are good ones. Anyway, good luck with your project, I'll be sure to check it out when it is released. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Lüt said:

it would seem that they aren't doing very much if he has that many open spaces.

On the contrary. He has that many open spaces because he's going to make 99 levels.

He's got Tarin and Lu Wang on his project to name a few.