Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nookadum

Aurikan Versus Toke

Okay, guys, time for me to get in all this ranting. For all of you who are tired of reading that last post about Aurikan posting the malicious exploit that could gain access on one's box without notification, I have created a new thread so you guys don't have to open a 300+ KB home page, if you want to download a 300+ KB homepage, go to Microsoft.com. =)

I do not care whether or not anyone replys to this message, but if you have something to say, say it.

Now. I, for one, have not used DoomServ. I am not a frequent "DoomServ Doomer" who likes to play with other Doomers. I understand DoomServ is the GameSpy3D of the Doom games, and that there is that serious bug Aurikan has stated.

My first speculation about the program was that it was still a BETA. Now, everyone knows that a BETA version of a file or program means that it still has some bugs, and that some features don't work right. DoomServ is up to it's 4th BETA version, and one of you guys on the other thread stated that the exploit bug was there for 2 years? Last time I remembered, DoomServ is only 13 months old. At least I THINK, it's 13 months old. If I'm wrong, please correct.

Now, TGO, which I understand is the creator and server maintainer of DoomServ, banned Aurikan for using the exploit bug. Although this may be what Toke thinks, maybe Aurikan was testing it out. You do know curiousity killed the cat. *mE0w!*

Toke, when Aurikan first made that post, you absolutely harrased him when you said "that he made it possible for other 'hackers' to use it against other Doomers for cheating and corruption of computers." This is not a quote, but a simpler explanation of what I could understand. I remember you saying that 2 files were deleted from your hard drive. Even so, which 2 files were deleted? Was is harmless? Or was it a system file (i.e. win.ini, config.sys, autoexec.bat, etc.)

Afterglow, no, YOU ARE THE BIG FAT COW! MO0O0O0O! There, that's my counter-flame.

Linguica, don't delete that old thread. It's good reference for people to see how other people are idiotic, harrasmatic, and don't think before they open their ugly holes.

I'm not taking any sides here, neither Aurikan or Toke has my support. I'm just expressing what I think about this case.

Also... WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TURN ON HTML TAG SUPPORT!? Damn it, I'm not used to BoardMaster tags.

Thank you.

Nookadum V. Dagger
necrocartman@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/necrocartman/
"Mishima Burger...yummy."

Well without letting my personal opinion get in the way, I must say that in particular, toke and fodder were by far the worst flamers, and seemed unable to debate/argue without resorting to personal insults.

DoomServ's bug was in the betas and full releases. 3.5 in fact was called a release.

Guest AFTERSHOCK

For the last time! I am not Afterglow. I am AFTERSHOCK. The fat cow line was mine. Mantra had stated in his post that he knew that he was probably going to get flamed, so I made a joke about his "face" pic (a fat cow), and told him that he could consider himself "flamed." That one was just a little joke from me to Mantra.

AFTERSHOCK

Teppic said:

Well without letting my personal opinion get in the way, I must say that in particular, toke and fodder were by far the worst flamers, and seemed unable to debate/argue without resorting to personal insults.

I do hope we are not going to get into a "he said I...." "no you said it 1st ....." childish bickering
How people react to arguments are many and varied I have debated for 3 hours in one argument or put someone in hospital in others, or vice versa.
I must take a lot of the blame for what Toke is being accused for in 1st post above

AFTERSHOCK said:

I want to eat a Mishima burger. Why? Cause I like human flesh.

Oops, sorry Aftershock.

Guest AFTERSHOCK

No problem. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Nookadum said:

Oops, sorry Aftershock.

Yeah I used to be a big fat cow until 'frad' the miracle product made me skinny again. Now im an ad for it.

fodders said:

I do hope we are not going to get into a "he said I...." "no you said it 1st ....." childish bickering
How people react to arguments are many and varied I have debated for 3 hours in one argument or put someone in hospital in others, or vice versa.
I must take a lot of the blame for what Toke is being accused for in 1st post above

Maybe you should change that sig. Kinda flaming there heh.

You need to change the topic to Aurikan vs Doomserv or Aurikan vs doom and its players

I don't believe you insist on continuing this stupidness, I thought this was over already. You need to grow up.

Toke said:

You need to change the topic to Aurikan vs Doomserv or Aurikan vs doom and its players

i'd suggest doomserv vs themselves. if they want to be insecure, they are only hurting themselves, right?

fodders said:

Thank you for defining what Doom is. You have opened my eyes. How about shutting up and just play.

Toke said:

/me sniggers

Afterglow said:

How about shutting up and just play.

I WOULD if some twat had not killed Doomserve :)

There was this wonderful invention called email... electronic mail.. you can contact other people with it. Oh and ICQ, contact people. Oh my how impressive. If you can't go out and find someone to play then you're really sad.

The 250+ thread has stopped growing! Finally, the beast is dead.

Afterglow said:

There was this wonderful invention called email... electronic mail.. you can contact other people with it. Oh and ICQ, contact people. Oh my how impressive. If you can't go out and find someone to play then you're really sad.

well the benefit of doomserv was that u logged in , chatted and launched m/player games without having to find other guys ip or make sure everyone set command line param's correctly, even if you didnt have the wad host decided on, it was downloaded from server, unzipped into your doomserv\wads folder and launched, all without you having to do anything apart from click ok and lets go :)with up to 8 people

Well ,that would have been a good reply if "unintellectually " was a REAL word hahaha get a grip, oh and a copy of Websters :)
it is a good programme though

fodders said:

I WOULD if some twat had not killed Doomserve :)

I cant believe you persist with this 'aurikan killed doomserv' thing. Its like blaming the scientists for discovering BSE or AIDS or something.

fodders said:

it is a good programme though

All depends on your definition of a good 'program' (check YOUR spelling mr. hypocrite)- I prefer my programs without security holes akin to a piece of swiss cheese.

Actually he's right, people not in the U.S. spell stuff weird.

fodders said:

I think you are confused, programme is an acceptable variant of program :)

While 'programme' and 'program' mean the same thing, you can't use 'programme' to describe a computer _program_ in the same way you can't say centre or colour in HTML.

Lüt said:

Actually he's right, people not in the U.S. spell stuff weird.

I'm in the UK too and you spell computer programs the same way as americans do. One instance of the word 'programme' is a programme for an event, e.g. a football game, for example.