Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hyena

csDoom

How many of you like to fight quietly (easier to shoot when not typing) and how many like to talk during dm?

I tend to type a lot of messages. If I get killed in a particularly nasty way, I type "auauauaugh!" or simply "ow"
If something interesting happens, I tend to write something like "What the?" or "Holy crap!"
I laugh at funny instances, congratulate nice kills, and sometimes tell people how I managed to get behind them with a bfg, not so much to brag, but so that they know not to fall for it again.
Somehow, I just think chatter makes the game a little more fun.

Me too. I like to type things like "n1" if someone nails me good or "damnit :)" if I accidently kill myself or something. I always type "gg" at the end of a game. I don't like smack talk or whiners.

I do too. Although probably not as much as you do, I say "gg" at the end of a round, "n1" after I'm splintered, and I say "What the.." and "aaauugughhlhllllllrrrrr", and "baahhhh" as well. You've got the right idea. Keep it interesting. Nobody likes a boring person who doesn't talk. :-b

I like to talk as much as i can.
I would like to try out fragging with voice chat support,
like Roger Wilco provides

Guest fod_vile

There was a program called "gamephon" that allowed voice chat in doom2 multiplay, whatever happened to it ?

Guest EdgeJ
fod_vile said:

There was a program called "gamephon" that allowed voice chat in doom2 multiplay, whatever happened to it ?

do you think this would work in doomserv or csdoom? Sounds like something old. (*ahem* DOS based)

KING ELVIS said:

I like to talk as much as i can.
I would like to try out fragging with voice chat support,
like Roger Wilco provides

Then this should be for you:
http://wondersmith.com/coop/ipvoice1.htm

They've tried several voice-over-ip programs (even under doom :o),I think their favourite was the battlecom (http://www.shadowfactor.com/) and it's free :o)

One good think with battlecom is that it has the ability to run in client-server mode thus reducing bandwith need (and believe me battlecom isn't takin much bandwith) think i remember that they wrote that they could run battlecom and games thru an 28.8 connection :o)

Check it out