Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skatepunk60

Couple of questions

Im gonna put a few questions into this post because i do not want to waste posts.

#1 When the "red screen" from a berzerk wears off you can still punch out stuff in one shot (imps , seagents and the weaker) as if you still had it. Does it last the rest of the level? Or does it have a time limit? or does it go away when you switch weapons then switch back?

#2 Whats your strategy for all the different hellspawn? I'd like to try some out heres mine ...

Former Human-Shotgun or chaingun in groups
Seargent-Shotgun or chaingun in groups
Imps-Shotgun or db shotgun
Demons and spectres-db shotgun or chainsaw
Archviles-db shotgun or BFG (i hate these things cause they ressurect the dead)
Revenant-db shotgun or rockets (if far away)
Caco-db shotgun or rockets or chainsaw
Lost souls-db shotgun
Pain elemental-plasma rifle
Mancubus-Rockets if far plasma rifle if closer
Hell knight-db shotgun at close range rockets
Baron of hell-db shotgun at close range or rockets
Aracnotron-Plasma rifle
Cyberdemon-rockets and heavy strafeing or bfg and heavy strafing
Spider Mastermind-Bfg and hopefully a corner (Crusher ceiling in the "Crusher")

Thanks in advance

It lasts for the entire level. When you go to the next level, your berserk pack is gone.

I use the shotgun/ssg/chaingun with the smaller enemies. I run away when I see the bigger enemies :P

Skatepunk60 said:

Former Human-Shotgun or chaingun in groups
Seargent-Shotgun or chaingun in groups
Imps-Shotgun or db shotgun
Demons and spectres-db shotgun or chainsaw
Archviles-db shotgun or BFG (i hate these things cause they ressurect the dead)
Revenant-db shotgun or rockets (if far away)
Caco-db shotgun or rockets or chainsaw
Lost souls-db shotgun
Pain elemental-plasma rifle
Mancubus-Rockets if far plasma rifle if closer
Hell knight-db shotgun at close range rockets
Baron of hell-db shotgun at close range or rockets
Aracnotron-Plasma rifle
Cyberdemon-rockets and heavy strafeing or bfg and heavy strafing
Spider Mastermind-Bfg and hopefully a corner (Crusher ceiling in the "Crusher")

For zombies, the shotgun is overkill unless you can line up two in a row. A large group of them is very satisfyingly dealt with via the SSG! For one or two though, a quick tap on the chaingun (fires twice) normally does it.

Sarges: shotgun, more than 3 or 4: SSG. Makes sense from an ammo-pickup viewpoint too.

Imps: a single imp is always best taken out with a shotgun as the imp has 6 hitpoints and shotgun releases 7. That gives you a little margin of error. It's also very satisfying! A group of imps: SSG.

Chaingunners: like with like: chaingun. Else SSG. You're brave to use the shotgun, you need to be bang on accurate. You can be dead in an instant if don't take 'em out quick. In a group, SSG: hope to knock them all out of firing at you.

Lost Souls: SSG. Wait for them to come flying at you and then
blast. Else chaingun.

Demons: single demon, SSG. If you got the chainsaw, whoo-hoo! If other types of enemy around, it can be tricky using the chainsaw. Groups of demons: I pick off one at a time with chainsaw or SSG. If you have berserk, that is best.

Cacos: SSG or, if you are in a tight spot: chaingun. Due to the high pain_chance the Caco is usually unable to rspond when using chaingun. In the open: SSG. Two blasts only if accurate.

Hell Knights, Barons: SSG. If in a group, try and bunch them up to make the rocket launcher effective. A large group of Barons and Knights can justify getting in close and using BFG.

Revenants. Chaingun. SSG if you have a place to hide between shots. In groups the plasma gun with strafe is good, trying to block one with another.

Mancubi: SSG if close in, just as it prepares to fire. Hold until it is just about to fire again. Plasma gun is also effective if you need a quick kill. BFG in close if in large groups. Shotgun most effective from long-range, followed by rocket launcher.

Pain Elemental: Chaingun. Or if in close, two from the SSG is good. Focus on preventing it from releasing Lost Souls.

Arachnotron: Same as above, wait until about to fire. Strafe with rocket launcher at long range. The key is to prevent them from firing, so the chaingun or plasma gun is more useful.

Archvile: In the open, the BFG at point blank can be justified, especially if there is more than one. If you have a hiding place, pause behind and sneak out to use SSG, wait until it locks on to you, hide, come out at the end of its firing sequence and repeat.

Spider Demon: BFG at point blank. Else hide from behind pillar etc. and use SSG. At very long range rocket launcher is good. More than one: make them fight!

Cyberdemon: if in open anything whilst strafeing. Take your pick. If using BFG, get in close after he's fired three rockets, and let rip. If more than one: try and bunch them in and use rockets or BFG, or SSG if there's plenty of room.

Combinations of small enemies minus chaingunner: SSG.

Combinations of small enemies plus chaingunners: chaingun spray with focus on preventing chaingunners from firing.

Combinations of larger enemies: attempt to make them fight where possible. Else pick off ones with most dangerous attack first, rather than the strongest ones (eg Revenant before Baron).

If in very close with single Cacos or Pain Elementals, chainsaw can be used.

If combination involves Pain Elementals, kill them first.

If combination includes Arch Vile, try and kill him before all else.

If combination includes the biggest monsters, always make a Cyberdemon and Spider Demon duke it out. Then unleash the winner on any of the other monsters ecept small ones: there's no point, you can pick them off yourself.

Commander Keen: BERSERK! =)

Shaviro said:

you forgot the nazies =)

gn000000000000000!!!!

::ahem::

Um, for Nazis: chaingun, always and everywhere :)

pritch said:

gn000000000000000!!!!

::ahem::

Um, for Nazis: chaingun, always and everywhere :)

heh. I tend to use the shotgun :P

I use the SG/SSG as much as possible, unless up against one of the harder monsters (cybers, masterminds, archies etc.)