Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KING ELVIS

csDoom Master Server down again

Shit, the csDoom Master Server seems to be down again.
Looks like you have to use the static list that comes with my Client Laucher, heh !

What will be ?
In my opinion we need a redundant solution, or an "emergency"
list.

Any ideas ?

POST IT

Forgive me if I sound kinda dumb, but I don't really understand how all this works. My brother is really into Q3A. When id's master server is down, he can still play on the net by using Gamespy. Is it possible to write a similar program for Csdoom? I have no idea what that would involve. You seem to be a pretty good programmer. Do you think you could do something like that?

Thanks for the nice words, but...

...first: I think I'm NOT a good programmer. I just want to be a little bit "good" to the community :)

...second: That all works simple, It's like if you get your emails. The Laucher is like the email client and the Master Server is like the mailserver. You push the button and get the list, pretty simple, all the same principle.

The Q3 thing works redundant because you are able to set up more than one Master Server, if id's is down and GameSpy's is still functional...you get the list.
I would like to code an utility like gamespy, but if nodbdody is out there who wants to help we...something like that will not be realized !

HEY, C'MON AND JOIN THE PROJECT !

you should learn to program dude. And I reckon the csdoom launcher should keep a local copy of all IPs its harvested for when the master server isnt available.

Guest fod_vile

I use csdoom wizard that keeps a copy of server list so when master is down I just refresh list for pings, and use that