Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

Random Crappage

I'm currently in St. Paul, Minnesota, in some senior citizens home thing where my grandparents live. There is one computer in the building, and I've managed to snare it, muahahaha. However, it's also the one computer with a modem worse than mine (it's 28.8).

Anyway...I keep forgetting that so many mosquitos can be in one place at the same time until I come back here every year...I have to take a bath in OFF! just to be comfortable. That and the 95 degree heat we had a coupla days ago don't make the experience very enjoyable.

On the other hand, the night life around here is great. We stay inside during the day, and do whatever we want at night cause it's cool and there's no bugs. And it's a nice enough neighborhood to wander around it, plus my cousin is old enough to drive so it's all good.

So...what's been happening around here? I see the forums have undergone another makeover, at first when I saw Post Hell was gone from Misc. I was worried that it was gone permenantly.

Bahahaha, I've seen like a dozen mosquitoes total so far this year, and we even have a pond right next to our house.

STOP STREET RACING! I've got two mates lost their license that way, cops really really go nuts on it, plus it's dangerous

pritch said:

STOP STREET RACING! I've got two mates lost their license that way, cops really really go nuts on it, plus it's dangerous

one thing is they might get hurt themselves. Another is an innocent person/family could get hurt. I hate when it happens just because someone thinks its 'cool' :[

Heh. I remember reading about this one story that happened in Florida where a guy was street racing down in florida, and he ended up crashing head on with another car. He survived but he killed the driver of the other car. He later found out that the driver was his mother. Falcon hilarious.

the_Danarchist said:

Heh. I remember reading about this one story that happened in Florida where a guy was street racing down in florida, and he ended up crashing head on with another car. He survived but he killed the driver of the other car. He later found out that the driver was his mother. Falcon hilarious.

I think that might be an urban legend. If not there is one that's very similar.

No, I think it was through Reuters or whatever. I don't think they ever make shit up.

A case came through my dad's office a few months back. Pioneer Day about five years ago, a bunch of kids get really really drunk at a picnic in the local park. On the drive home, they get to street racing. Barreling down State Street in their Jeep and van at some ungodly speed, and all of the sudden this coupe pulls out of a side street ahead of them. BOOM, both racers broadside the coupe. The three guys in the van and the elderly couple in the coupe are killed on impact. Against all logic, the two guys in the open-top Jeep survive. The passenger of the Jeep is launched by the intertia out of his seat, clear over the Jeep's top bar, clear over, the wreck, clear over the back fence of a nearby house, lands on his feet and running in the yard beyond the fence, takes two steps before realizing both of his legs are broken, and collapses. The first police officer at the scene later reported he thought a car bomb had gone off, between the sound of the collision and the sheer mess left behind. Last I heard, three of the officers who checked the scene out are still in therapy.

The driver of the Jeep was convicted last month. The prosecutors look at three things when considering a sentence: the offender's past criminal record, the quality of the act, and the result of the act. Record: none, the driver had nothing beyond speeding tickets. Act: a drunken street race, not the first in the city, certainly not the last. Result: five people dead. He got thirty to life.

Interestingly enough, I am listening to a song called 'Crappage' right now.

pritch said:

It's not serious street racing like The Fast and the Furious type street racing, we'd just pull up at a red light, then rev the car to get the car next to us attention, and then take off when the light changed. If the other car took the bait, we'd race until we got to a red light, etc.

We were really careful. Heh, actually, the only thing that happened to the car we were in was when we went to the Twins game, and discovered that people in Minnesota don't understand the concept of a parking spot, cause in the parking garage it seemed like every third car was taking up more than one space, like they were parked right over the line.

So, we got to the top of the garage and then there were no spaces cause of the crappy parking jobs everyone did, so we had to back down the ramp in reverse, and one of the headlights hit a trailer hitch on a nearby truck, and broke the red plastic shell that gives the light the reddish glow.

Racing isn't nearly as dangerous as trying to back out of a five-story parking garage.