Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest faceuk

Doomarena

I've gone through it in sp. I haven't had a chance to actually play it yet in a real dm. I think it looks good. Especially maps 06 and 07. Zdoom doesn't run very fast on my P200 so there was quite a bit of slowdown even in low res especially in map01. It fared better on my P2 266 but still stuttered on hires (640x480). The fake 3d effects (bridges) were well done and most of the new graphics were good too. I thought some of the sprites were a little rough though. Maybe you should think about setting up a CSDoom server with Doomarena running on it. That way people could give you more detailed feedback on its playability. From the look of it, some of the levels should be really fun.

Guest Kracov

ive played zanzan, jdoom, and zdoomgl. but man, they ran too slow. i tried changing the resolution and the bits. nothing. my computer is pentium3 450 mhz, 96 megs ram, and with a voodoo3 3000 card. i think maybe they just dont support it yet. oh well.

Guest Duke Nukem

I think DoomArena was great! Like Stpherz said you should setup a csdoom server! That would be great DM Server. People would most likely flood it! Finnaly, a real DM wad.

Kracov said:

ive played zanzan, jdoom, and zdoomgl. but man, they ran too slow. i tried changing the resolution and the bits. nothing. my computer is pentium3 450 mhz, 96 megs ram, and with a voodoo3 3000 card. i think maybe they just dont support it yet. oh well.

Mines a pentium 3 450 but with 128 megs of ram and zdoom runs just fine in 800x600

Guest faceuk
Kracov said:

I have a p2 333 and zdoom works ok on that at 800 x 600 as for the
other ports i have not had much success with those at all.

Guest David_A
Kracov said:

jDoom runs great on my K6-2 350, V3 3000, 128MB RAM

Try starting it with this:
doomsday -game jdoom.dll -gl drd3d.dll -bpp 16 -outlines

For all hardware Doom engines I just leave the resolution at 640x480. Anything above that makes everything look horribly blurry and completely washed out.

Kracov said:

Try gllegacy... doomlegacy.sourceforge.net

Guest Psycho

My favorite is Map03. Bright metallic platforms suspended over empty space. Appealing, somehow.