Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peepers

Dck needs a new pair of shoes...

Guest Peepers

I've tried all the other editors out there believe me, not for a short time either, several months.. this includes deepsea, zeth, wad author etc... then i tried dck. I immediately fell in love with DCK as its interface put all the other level editors to shame. Anyone willing to e-mail Ben Morris to grab the DCK source code? (I don't know his e-mail)... i'd like to see someone port it to win32 and possibly add some zdoom editing features.. i know i'm not the only one out there that would love to see dck revamped, and i'm sure that there are plenty others who love DCK with a passion..

Btw, if i could i would port dck to win32 but A: i'm an extremely weak programmer, and B: i don't have the sources. :(

Guest Firebrandt

Believe me this is not a new idea. Sadly Ben Morris has lost the source code to DCK (don't ask me how) so I severely doubt we will ever see a win32 port for DCK. :(

Guest Nuno Correia

Someone might just do some kind of DCK clone. (Just don't expect it to be me, I can't program :)

I only hope it's not like what Tread3D is for WorldCraft...

Yes.. i've asked for this too... but you know something?
DCK IS DEAD

Let's face the truth.. DCK isn't update for a very loooong time and will never be. Linguica told me that Ben Fuckin' Morris left the DOOM scene and worst.. lost the source code.

Just forget it... i guess the only way is pay for a nice editor which is DeepSea... something í don't intend to do.

Ben morris got hired by valve, and his Quake editor got bought to be used for Half-life...
So if you want to get in touch with Morris, try contacting Valve or something. Then at least, you can find out for sure if he lost the source =)

Guest zyvgjc
pattoni said:

Yes.. i've asked for this too... but you know something?
DCK IS DEAD

Let's face the truth.. DCK isn't update for a very loooong time and will never be. Linguica told me that Ben Fuckin' Morris left the DOOM scene and worst.. lost the source code.

Just forget it... i guess the only way is pay for a nice editor which is DeepSea... something í don't intend to do.

If you don't want to pay for DeepSea, then get Deth and Zeth. They are very similar to each other. Also, many people seems to use WadAuthor for scripting.