Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest doomgod12345

how old

Guest doomgod12345

i would like to get an idea of how old most doomplayers are, i started at age 11 and i have seen people as old a 70 playing it and kids as young as 6

Guest Duke Nukem

To tell you the truth, i told alot of people i was 15 but i am only 13. I remember when i first go into Doom on the ol Sega 32X. Man, back then i thought that version was awesome. Just the other day i popped it in and beat it for fun. I think that version is awesome. But is has sedimental (or however you spell it) value to me. So i have been playin Doom since i was like 7. Let the Doom Legacy (not the port) live on!

Guest DammitBeavis

I'm 15, I started about two or three years ago... I think

Guest spacedog
Lüt said:

We just did this at least twice.

My god, you're all wee kids! i'm over 20 and i've been playing doom for about 3/4 years, i know a guy over 50 who still plays doom

Guest nox

And it won't be the last time, I'm afraid of.
These forums are like the seasons.
Played the demo in 93 or 94 then I was 21.

Guest ZarcyB

Heh I'm 14 (15 in a week, 1st of aug) and I've been playin Doom for god knows how long (since my first PC, a 486) maybe 4 or 5 years i dunno.

spacedog said:

My god, you're all wee kids! i'm over 20 and i've been playing doom for about 3/4 years, i know a guy over 50 who still plays doom

So true and wierd... but then i couldn't have been old when wolfenstein came out (and i played that too alot)

Anyways, I'm 19 and have played doom since about the doom1 shareware was released. (and i'm pretty sure it was a pre 1.666 version, maybe 1.2 or something).

Sorta unrelated, but i got a mail from a 60 year old dude who had played my half-life map =)

I'm 16 btw

I am 49 and been playing it since doom came out
Grandson is 2 and when he visits he plays it using mouse, I have to do the keys for him but he has now made it to level 6 and almost his 1st coherent word was "iddqd" :)

That's really great. I'm glad parents aren't so paranoid and overprotective of their children anymore. It's a step in the right direction! ;)

Yea, violent games PREVENTS violent behaviour. When are people going to understand that? I mean, you feed your urges to kill and destroy by playing games, and everyone have them somehow =)

Guest Primative

17, been playing doom since it came out. actually ben playing since wolf 3d

Guest Bobbert005

I am 14 I've been playing Doom since about 97', I was 12 at the time. I remember when I was about 10 I had a friend tell me about Wolfenstein and I was like "what the heck is that?" I've come a long way since then, I now play almost every fps in exsitence, including Jedi Knight, MotS, Quake1/2/3, HL, OpFor, Duke3d, Daikatana, and of course, Doom, just to name a few.

Guest Psycho
Duke Nukem said:

To tell you the truth, i told alot of people i was 15 but i am only 13. I remember when i first go into Doom on the ol Sega 32X. Man, back then i thought that version was awesome. Just the other day i popped it in and beat it for fun. I think that version is awesome. But is has sedimental (or however you spell it) value to me. So i have been playin Doom since i was like 7. Let the Doom Legacy (not the port) live on!

Wow! Im also 13.

Guest doomgod12345
mac-vile-whore said:

i gonna be 14 in sept. and i been playin doom since i was 7 and it still rox.

i have always been a doom fan, still am. i have the poster and i bought every version, even 32x version and mac. i have been playing t sence it cam out, my mom was into it and that was how i found it. I remember we got a new pc a 486 with 8 megs of ram. she bought a few games and doom was one of them. the only bad thing was she set it up and there was no sound but i still loved the game and i loved it better when we got the sound fixed. i did have wolf3d but i did not like it much. i played doom long before i saw wolf