Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest a             1

need help editing

Guest a             1

i put this post in the editing forum as well..

I am currently using WadED 1.83 unreg. to make my levels. I am working on the eleventh level of last man standing (http://play.as/doom_dood) and I need to know how do i make a room over room effect with WadED. I tried the editing tutorials but its mostly for zdoom and wadauthor and deth... anyone know how to make the room over room effect using waded 1.83 unregistered?

-doom_dood
-http://play.as/doom_dood

looks like none of you here really give a damn if a new project is not zdoom supported... its a pity cuz last man standing looks pretty damn good so far

You can't! Waded is designed strictly for the original Doom II. It is not designed for any of the source ports, and there is no way you can change the settings for Waded. Get an editor that is designed for the source ports. By the way, you have to use a source port that actually has the specials so you can fake a room over room or one that actually has ROR code. You can't do ROR in the original Doom II unless you're really good with dehacked, but even then, it's just linedefs and no actual floors and ceilings.

The room over room effect for regular doom is detailed somewhere in the doomworld.com editing details, along with a wad by Ikka Keranen showing off the effect.

Is that the one where you use dehacked to create a silent/no fog teleport to fake an ROR?

Waded won't let you stuff like 3d-bridges and other stuff that you have to mess with the linedefs sector thingies to do, i don't know how to make 3d floors or anything (assuming youre using legacy\zdoom\edge). Waded has it's limits, wich work fine for regular doom but not so good for most ports.

Teppic said:

The room over room effect for regular doom is detailed somewhere in the doomworld.com editing details, along with a wad by Ikka Keranen showing off the effect.

Jesus Christ Teppic. That new animated face of yours is wack :)