Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaviro

Natural enemies, Intelligence. ETC. in DooM

If you look carfully through the Game(S). You'll notice the Cacodemon and the Baron of Hell is ALWAYS fighting. ID ment this to be. If you look at E2M9 you'll see in the Barons chamber there lies dead Caco's. And in the Caco's Chamber Dead Barons are hanging from the wall. From time to time the Chaingun Dude shoots at the Caco for NO reason. They are ALWAYS fighting. There are a difference in agression between the creatures. Just look at the Chaingun Dude. Hes VERY Agressive, while the Caco seems to be more calm. It normal shoots 1 ball once in a while. But sometimes they run amok and shoots 5 balls in a row with ½ a second between em. The Chaingun dude always shoots at everybody. He's VERY agressive. Intelligense IS implementet in this game. IM sure. If you look at the Lost Soul you'll always see it attack other creatures(Agressive) But its alo VERY stupid. Sometimes it attacks the air. And a wall?. Heres a line from the manual: Lost Soul: Dumb. Tough. Flies. On fire. 'Nuff said.

If you look at the Caco, you'll see it behave VERY intelligent. It doesnt create Rivals (Normal)(Besides the Chaingun Guy and the Baron). When its fighting. I've seen it kill a Baron single-handed, by flying around the kill.

A third issue.

have any of you heard about the "DooM Sense". Its like a sixth sense. When i first played Final DooM, i played in levels unknown by me. But anyway i could sense there was an imp around the corner. I Walked straight foreward, turned around fast and BANG, i hit it STRAIGHT between the eyes. I can do this almost everytime. Also in Quake a was pointing at a teleporter(Camping). Then i felt something was comming, i pushed Ctrl and there lied my buddy on the ground. This is an incredible tool. My reflekses has grown strong and fast. Is it just me experienced this or....?

Guest Psycho

Yes this is norm...

AUUGH!!!!! CAKODEAMON!!!!! RUN

I think your wrong. The reason cacos and barons fight is more to do with their placement in a map. Indeed this was written into the first doom novel. I dont believe there is any code in the doom source code which makes them prefer the barons to fight, or vice versa.

Guest zyvgjc

I have evidence that Barons of Hell and Cacodemons really hate each other. In the book called "3D Game Alchemy" on page 360, there's a sentence that reads: "(Barons of Hell) seem to particularly despise Cacodemons..." Well, there you go.

I've never seen a baron attack a cacodemon without being hit by one first. In fact, barons seem to turn on anything that causes them damage almost every time. I think they have a high "pain chance" or whatever it's called.

I'm pretty sure I've seen lost souls go at other demons without being provoked. I could be mistaken on this though.

zyvgjc said:

I have evidence that Barons of Hell and Cacodemons really hate each other. In the book called "3D Game Alchemy" on page 360, there's a sentence that reads: "(Barons of Hell) seem to particularly despise Cacodemons..." Well, there you go.

I KNEW IT.....

YES SIR. ITS A FACT NOW.