• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ellen

DOOM95

Guest ellen

Where can I find Doom95 full version? plz help me

Probably a store. But you don't want it. Really, it sucks. Bad. Get something like ZDoom or MBF that is many times better. They couldn't even get the volume to work properly in that thing, that's how horrible it is. There might be a shareware download at www.idsoftware.com .

Guest zyvgjc

I still use DOOM95 because it's easy to operate and it's a fine choice if you want to play old style DooM without jumping, mouse-look, swimming, etc. You can get DOOM95 at ftp.cdrom.com or http://infotreks.com/doom95.html .

All versions of Doom95 are shareware. All you need to do is put any of the main DOOM IWADs in the same folder, and you're in business! The latest version would recognize Final DOOM WADs as well, whereas the Doom95 that came with Doom2 doesn't. You can download Doom95 directly from ID Software's FTP server at ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/doom/win95/doom95.zip ... Have fun! ;)

Guest spacedog
Teppic said:

Or SMMU

I like the frontend,it's like zdlauncher, only it doesn't leave .cfg files all over the place and can actually remember any seetings you change

Guest ellen
AndrewB said:

All versions of Doom95 are shareware. All you need to do is put any of the main DOOM IWADs in the same folder, and you're in business! The latest version would recognize Final DOOM WADs as well, whereas the Doom95 that came with Doom2 doesn't. You can download Doom95 directly from ID Software's FTP server at ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/doom/win95/doom95.zip ... Have fun! ;)

The problem is I always get an error message, trying to play the wads: "You cannot -file with the shareware version"!! Maybe I do something wrong, don't know...

Guest fraggle`
zyvgjc said:

I still use DOOM95 because it's easy to operate and it's a fine choice if you want to play old style DooM without jumping, mouse-look, swimming, etc. You can get DOOM95 at ftp.cdrom.com or http://infotreks.com/doom95.html .

You could try PrBoom. PrBoom is basically a windows version of boom - so you get all the bugfixes and speedups that boom brought without all the other crap that comes with other ports.

ellen said:

The problem is I always get an error message, trying to play the wads: "You cannot -file with the shareware version"!! Maybe I do something wrong, don't know...

It sounds to me like you're using the shareware DOOM WAD file.