Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ObiThrawn

blarg....I need bots! HELP!

Guest ObiThrawn

I'm guessing this isn't exactly the board for it, but the this seemed like the only boad alive enough to get me an answer quickly. I run DooM on an old 486 under DOS, and I want to know where I could get soem good bot programs. I've been searching fro a while, and the only one I could find (called 'Cajun') I got an error whenever I tried to run it =(. If someone could help me I would appreciate it a TON.....

also, what is a good place for DM maps? (not needed as badly, but would be helpful)

He wants to play in DOS, and no DOS version has bots, and AFAIK there is only a DooMBot version for Windows.

Guest Brandon Mercer
TheProphet said:

What error message do you get?

ZDoom has bots, too: Open the console, then type "addbot".

If you want good DM maps and lots and lots of them, go to the TeamTNT web page and get to downloading. They have 4 different episodes of nothing but Deathmatch. That's ( www.teamtnt.com :)

Also, why don't you hunker down and bite your lip and maybe get something a wee bit faster than that dinosaur you have there. It wouldn't cost much you know :)

Guest ObiThrawn

Ah, yes, i plan on getting a better comp once I have the money (if things go right I should have enough money for my own comp by christmas). I get an error message that says I need a DMPI file or something (after looking into it, i'm not sure if cajun is for DooM I or II). Actually, I can get it to startup in Windowz (v 3.1) but it locks up at the title screen, I'm gonna go ask some of my computer help experts on IRC to see if I can get it running.

Also, for some reason, whenever I try to get on the EFnet servers, it tells me I'm not authorized to go there, anyone have a clue what thats all about?

Guest ObiThrawn

Well, I think ZDoom might be my answer, but I get an error when I try to run that too:

'W_GetNumForName: STTMINUS not found!'

Sorry for my complete and utter newbie-ness, but how can I get it running?

Guest ObiThrawn

nevermind, I got it working (visited the ZDoom forums).

turns out I had v1.2 DOH.

ObiThrawn said:

Ah, yes, i plan on getting a better comp once I have the money (if things go right I should have enough money for my own comp by christmas). I get an error message that says I need a DMPI file or something (after looking into it, i'm not sure if cajun is for DooM I or II). Actually, I can get it to startup in Windowz (v 3.1) but it locks up at the title screen, I'm gonna go ask some of my computer help experts on IRC to see if I can get it running.

Also, for some reason, whenever I try to get on the EFnet servers, it tells me I'm not authorized to go there, anyone have a clue what thats all about?

Re: DPMI- means you need to have an SVGA dos library loaded, like erm, cwsdpmi I think its called, there's links to them on the doomlegacy webpage I think.

re: Efnet- you need identd (an ident daemon) installed to get on most of them. look at efnet.org to get a complete list and keep trying- I think irc.homelien.no will let you in, but its notoriously unstable.