Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Test-0

Doom 64, and how I can rip them weapons. :)

I just happen to have tried out my UltraHLE emulator, play a bit of Doom 64, when I relised that not only did I have the ability to easily rip the Weapon GFX, but that I had no GFX problems (that slightly shifted thing ;).

...but first, I had to find out if it really was possible.... so I set myself up, stood at the proper place (facing a black wall so there was no BG to cut from the GFX) and selected the chainsaw. I then took about 8 screenshots of the idle animation (thats 8 for each frame (I wanted to make SURE I had em ;) and then attacked, taking about 30 or so shots (like I said, I make sure. ;) and then went to my PSP (ver. 4.something, cauz they screwed up later versions :).

After viewing the shots, I then relized that it was, in fact, possible (not to mention good looking.). This is as far as I got to actually ripping them, as currently, I have no use for them, so I went into the dir, and deleted the screenshots (they were almost a total of 100 megs! Egads! ;).

So whats the point? That it's possible, I did it, and to encourage others to do it!

P.S. If the shreenshots are too dark, just use Brightness/Contrast to brighten them up! :^)

Test-0

wow that just great !
I'm working on a new TC of Doom64 called ZD64.
Can you send me those pics ? or the Doom64.rom ?
Thanks a lot !
X-DOOM

Does anyone know how much id had to do with making Doom 64? Did Midway just make it entirely by themselves?

Yeah man, send me thoz pics!

I want as many as possible since I can't use any n64 emulators (and thus dont have the doom64 rom).

*Especially the plasma gun - it totally looks rippin' (no pun intended)

sirgalahadwizard@hotmail.com

Well... how about this... I could take the pics again, as clean as possible, and then post em on my site! Then whoever wants em, can cut, clean, and paste. :^) (would do it myself... but I have a very lazy ass, and it needs attention ;)

...but not right now. I have to go to bed. :|

Test-0

Thanks to doing that! Test-0

I'll be able to make my TC runnig good with these Doom64 stuff!

Thanks a lot and Good-night!

X-DOOM

Guest Firebrandt
Gokuma said:

Does anyone know how much id had to do with making Doom 64? Did Midway just make it entirely by themselves?

Pretty much. They did use some of the original levels as base.
Oh and the sprite ripping thing, I did that a while ago for my TC (never released it). Sprites were awfully grainy and messed up though. :|

Its been done- I've copied the megasphere thingy and someone else set the plasma gun up- but good work ;) the monsties are the real nice stuff, and some of the textures.

X-DOOM said:

Thanks to doing that! Test-0

I'll be able to make my TC runnig good with these Doom64 stuff!

Thanks a lot and Good-night!

X-DOOM

...hee hee.. Well, I have a slight problem with posting the pics... their too big! Gah! Well, thats what I get for having 12000x10000 (or some excessivly large screen size :). Sorry, bout that. But, hey, I'll probibly be ripping the weapons into a wad at some point, so when I do that you can have em then. :)

Oh, and BTW, to anyone who reads this, I can make some rather good looking models, which cant be used in Half-Life or whatnot (I think 5000 polys for somethings head is a wee bit excessive :), but they are really good for snapshoting and putting into Doom wads. =) So if you need any help, just give me a call at my hotmail addy. =)

P.S. I need help with skins! Anyone that can help me by making em for my models, email me and stuff!!! :^)

Test-0

Test-0 for Doom64 pics! that isn't a problem for me! I've hard big connexion (730ko/sec) so would like iif you can and want, to send me them on a zip files. After that i can resize them with Psp50.

And for skins! i'm learning how they are maked! i thinks it's easy to make own skins.

Let me try!