Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
masterhassan

wolfenstein

this has nuthin to do with doom, but does anybody know if there were any ports of wolfenstein to windows, or if theres anyway to get high rez modes in wolfenstein

Guest spacedog

go to www.doomworld.com/wolfendoom (or something) and you can get all the wolfenstein levels for doom, complete with all the bad guys . i downloaded wolfenstein for the SNES yesterday, it made me want to rip out my eyes it was that awful, far worse than the origional, and there wasn't any nazis to shoot, gah!!

I do not think this will help you, but maybe it is interesting:
The Mac-version of Wolfenstein came with 4 times sharper graphics than the PC-version. Bill Dugan from the firm "MacPlay" statet in an interview with Tuncer Deniz from the magazine "Inside Mac Games" (IMG), that this graphics where taken from the Jaguar-version of Wolfenstein (August 1994).

A liitle portion of this interviev:

IMG: I think MacPlay surprised a lot of people when they announced they would
ship Wolfenstein 3D for the Mac. Can you tell us about its features,
distribution method (commercial or shareware), and when you expect it to
ship?

Dugan: We’ll release a shareware version called Wolfenstein 3D: First Encounter. That’ll ship shortly after MacWorld, you’ll be able to download it from anywhere. Then you send us $15.00 and we give you 27 more levels with more bosses and sound effects and music and weapons. Then there’ll be another level pack for Christmas for another $25.00 which gives you all the levels from the PC version, with all those mission disks that Id Software sold -- Operation Eisenfaust, “Die, Fuhrer, Die!”, all those.

We’re using the graphics that were made for the Jaguar version, which are 4 times sharper than the blocky PC graphics. They look hot. The sound effects are all new, too. We have a crack sound department and so we’ve got great-sounding chain guns and explosions. And Wolf3D is accelerated for Power Macintosh!

from IMG Magazine, August 1994

I've got the following:
Wolfenstein 3D: wolfglw-wl6-0_93.zip
Spear of Destiny: wolfglw-sod-0_93.zip

I don't know if they're the latest versions, and there's no web link in the text files :(

Just check a search engine for "WOLFGL"

Guest Grunt
Sparky said:

I've got the following:
Wolfenstein 3D: wolfglw-wl6-0_93.zip
Spear of Destiny: wolfglw-sod-0_93.zip

I don't know if they're the latest versions, and there's no web link in the text files :(

Just check a search engine for "WOLFGL"

Send It to me too Sparky! grunt@planetquake.com

spacedog said:

go to www.doomworld.com/wolfendoom (or something) and you can get all the wolfenstein levels for doom, complete with all the bad guys . i downloaded wolfenstein for the SNES yesterday, it made me want to rip out my eyes it was that awful, far worse than the origional, and there wasn't any nazis to shoot, gah!!

Wolfendoom doesn't work right for me. The dehacked is all wrong. The mutants shoot fireballs, the officers shoot chainguns . . . plus with dehacked there's no way you can make all those different types of monsters drop clips like the original.

Maybe someone can create an EDGE version . . . . .

Hyena said:

plus with dehacked there's no way you can make all those different types of monsters drop clips like the original

yes you can...

oh, and load the dehacked patch in dehacked 3.0 and save it out to use it with ports.

Guest ObiThrawn

heh, I remember when me and my friends thought wolfenstein was the coolest game.....

I still have it and Spear of Destiny installed on my 486 =D

Peter Heinemann said:

Hey you're right, the graphics are better. I got a Macintosh emulator, and then got macintosh Wolfenstein, and the graphics were much better, plus you could run it in 640x480 resolution (which was slow because I got a slow emulator) and it looked awesome. Makes me wish the PC version was this good.

i found wolfgl on doomworld under source ports/ miccelanius. but i cant get it to work ive tried it with wolfenstein, adn sod if anybody else can get it to work tell me how

geekmarine said:

Hey you're right, the graphics are better. I got a Macintosh emulator, and then got macintosh Wolfenstein, and the graphics were much better, plus you could run it in 640x480 resolution (which was slow because I got a slow emulator) and it looked awesome. Makes me wish the PC version was this good.

And the same can be said for Doom. When DoomII came out for my Mac in 1995, it came with 640x400 pixel - the box says:

"Every gory bit of frenzied gameplay - plus 3-D texture-mapped graphics with 4 times the resolution of the PC version, for the most amazing action ever!"

Also it had (box text):

"Flexible networking supports Mac-to-Mac and Mac-to-PC play; also supports AppleTalk (both LocalTalk and Ethernet) for play between up to four Macs."

Emulation are always slow, on my very fast PowerMac G4 the PC-emulation I use gives me only the performance of a low-end Pentium system.