Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaviro

The Doomguy in episode 1

Ok. I had a discussion with a buddy of mine. He said it was not the same Doom guy in episode 1 as the guy in episode 2,3,4 and DooM ][ because he goes to the "Black Hole" with the monsters and the sector damage.

I say it is. The text doesnt say he dies at all. U DooM Bookers must know.

Asking advice when you got a 29 on a DooM quiz eh?:)

Of course it's the same marine! in e1 at the end the doom player DOES die, but he goes to hell and ends up on the deimos, which got sucked into hell.

At the end of e2 we find the doom marine notices that deimos actually is floating over hell.

in e3 the marine gets on hell and kicks some demon tail, and then he apperantly comes back to life and ends up on earth or something

e4 doesnt seem to fit in the story:P

so there you have it...hope that clears things up:)

Heh. Im not asking advice Im simply asking for a "Vitness""I cant Convince him alone". This means i won the bet. He Said it wasnt the same guy. Wohooo!

Tawney said:

Asking advice when you got a 29 on a DooM quiz eh?:)

Of course it's the same marine! in e1 at the end the doom player DOES die, but he goes to hell and ends up on the deimos, which got sucked into hell.

At the end of e2 we find the doom marine notices that deimos actually is floating over hell.

in e3 the marine gets on hell and kicks some demon tail, and then he apperantly comes back to life and ends up on earth or something

e4 doesnt seem to fit in the story:P

so there you have it...hope that clears things up:)

I believe E4 is meant to be set in a UAC stronghold (located just outside the city in Doom 2) that has been heavily subverted by the presence of the hellspawn and their reality.

I think all of Doom and Doom 2 is supposed to take place in a loosely related set of levels that the id Software people made without much thought as to cohesion and then stringed together near completion into something which somewhat resembled a progression from easy to hard.

Shaviro said:

Heh. Im not asking advice Im simply asking for a "Vitness""I cant Convince him alone". This means i won the bet. He Said it wasnt the same guy. Wohooo!

Apparently e4 was about the Doomguy taking revenge for the death of his bunny rabbit (Daisy) and no I'm not joking.

Linguica said:

I think all of Doom and Doom 2 is supposed to take place in a loosely related set of levels that the id Software people made without much thought as to cohesion and then stringed together near completion into something which somewhat resembled a progression from easy to hard.

Yep.