Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

Doom 3 Picture!

Guest ZarcyB

Yeh it looks like a fake 2 me, i mean have you ever seen a game that saves screenshots as .jpgs? And it looks far too cgi to be in game.

Guest fraggle`

Its probably a fake. If it isnt a fake then bear in mind that they only started writing the game like a month ago and that you shouldnt assume it will look anything like this when the game is actually finished. Also, plain is spelled P-L-A-I-N.

Erm I think it would be fake, considering it would take even Carmack more than a month to write a 3D environment from scratch, let alone the artists create textures, models, etc. all without having had enough time to plan what on earth will be in the game..

You never know when it is about Carmack... :) But I also think the pic is a fake.

fraggle` said:

Its probably a fake. If it isnt a fake then bear in mind that they only started writing the game like a month ago and that you shouldnt assume it will look anything like this when the game is actually finished. Also, plain is spelled P-L-A-I-N.

hehe, well if you look at the pic you could think Dima knows some good puns:

plane (pl³n) n. 1. Mathematics. A surface containing all the straight lines that connect any two points on it. 2. A flat or level surface.

(not that I do)

ZarcyB said:

Yeh it looks like a fake 2 me, i mean have you ever seen a game that saves screenshots as .jpgs? And it looks far too cgi to be in game.

haha yeah but what person would upload a .tga?

Guest Kaopectate

It's not that it's uploaded as a .jpg, but in the top corner it says that it's saved as a .jpg...

I think it's a fake...I think if they wanted it to look that realistic, i think some of the walls would line up better, which they don't.

I KNOW its a fake. The Floor on the pic is a 3D Studio Max texture. Why would Carmack and the GANG wanna use that? Check it here:

http://users.cybercity.dk/~cfp8501/Doom.htm

Maonth

Guest fraggle`

Its a fake. Load up the file in a hexeditor and you'll see in the file header:

JFIF  H H Ý ÂPhotoshop 3.0 8BIMÝ  H   H

Guest Sir_Fragsalot

Did you also spot the health plus? There's no way in hell that Carmack would use a misaligned "+" as the health symbol. Also, it's only 1 colour and untextured.

Shaviro said:

I KNOW its a fake. The Floor on the pic is a 3D Studio Max texture. Why would Carmack and the GANG wanna use that? Check it here:

http://users.cybercity.dk/~cfp8501/Doom.htm

Maonth

Hey, isn't that texture used in Memento Mori?

Sir_Fragsalot said:

Did you also spot the health plus? There's no way in hell that Carmack would use a misaligned "+" as the health symbol. Also, it's only 1 colour and untextured.

Get your hands off my face.

Guest Sir_Fragsalot

Look! We're clones!!!

Guest OutAxDx
Sir_Fragsalot said:

That is not a misaligned "+". It is an upsidedown cross.

It is a fake though. Doom isn't that far in development. They just finished Team Arena. Doom is mostly on paper at this moment.