Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lost Skull

Best wad...

Guest Lost Skull

what do you think was the best wad you played.

Thats hard to say. I have played quite a lot so... but the best megawad i have played is... Doom2.wad

And the best custom wad is... DooM 3057... I think!

Guest Kaopectate

I liked Memento Mori.

Many people tend to favour mega-WADs and conversions for their favourite WADS. Fine, things like Eternal Doom, Plutonia, and Memento Mori are classics, but even they have their fair share of sub-standard levels.

There are number of upcoming large wads that should kick arse, such as Alien Vendetta, Doom 3057, Parallel Dimension 2, Caverns of Darkness, Millennium, Hellstorm, Mordeth E2/E3, Testament of Judgement (okay I'm biased on those last three). However, I'm sure even these will have some dodgy levels.

There also seem to be many large WADs that a lot of people love but I'm not exactly a big fan of, such as Hell Revealed 1, Icarus, and STRAIN (those skull cube enemies owned though :) ).

I often prefer smaller WADs. Levels like chord_g, seventh 07, tantrum2, venom, ropy 1 and 2, selfish 1 and 2, and John Anderson's entire Inferno series of levels are some of my favourite levels. A mega-WAD containing only levels of this type of quality would be truly great (but also very unlikely, unfortunately).

I will try to make my own single player projects, Wrath and Paradox, not have any crap levels. For example, I'm going to majorly beef up prower's two levels for Paradox (no offence prow, but they're a tad...uh...primitive in places =p ).

Anyway, There are also a couple of really great episode replacements for the Ultimate Doom, such as Fava Beans, Crusades and Inferno.

Finally, Roger Ritenour's two multi-level WADs, Earth and Pleiades, are both masterpieces that should be on everyone's hard-drive.

Guest T-N-T

Hmm...anything TeamTNT has ever come out with! I have been called a TeamTNT salesman too, so I may be a bit biased :)

Ok, seriously though. My favorite wad would have to be Doom 2000 from TeamTNT. I think that it is a breakthrough, and a lot of people don't like it simply because it was rushed. Now, that was only the FIRST hub, so they haven't finished all of it yet, and when they do, they "will" fix the bugs in the first hub. It will be released in it's entirety fairly soon. Ty Halderman has asked me personally to be one of the testers for this megawad. I can't wait!!!

Guest PainoDude

Cheese.wad RULES ALL!

Good luck finding it on cdrom.com though. I have no idea where I got it from. Over the years I have collected gazillions of wads on commercial cd's and websites as well as cdrom.com. I have been going to cdrom.com for Doom levels since before there was a Doom II section, and sometimes they take stuff out, so it might have been there before.

If anybody wants it, just email me at:

painoc001@hawaii.rr.com

and I'll send you a copy.

Guest David_A

Well, since I'm a big fan of Aliens (ok, fanatic), it would have to be Fisher's AliensTC. Yeah, I know there are much better TC's in terms of gameplay, but I just thought that thing was incredibly cool. Aliens!! And you can kill them!!! With guns!!!! From the movie!!!!! Oh, and AvP sucked, IMO.

Kill!Zone
KILL! Zone v1.0 [Episode one] "The Trek Begins"
by Don Howard

ftp://ftp.task.gda.pl/pub/games/idgames/levels/doom2/j-l/kill_z10.zip
Seven very big and detailed levels with very good gameplay and a great atmosphere, very brutal (even for Doom)

Guest PainoMan
PainoDude said:

Cheese.wad RULES ALL!

Good luck finding it on cdrom.com though. I have no idea where I got it from. Over the years I have collected gazillions of wads on commercial cd's and websites as well as cdrom.com. I have been going to cdrom.com for Doom levels since before there was a Doom II section, and sometimes they take stuff out, so it might have been there before.

If anybody wants it, just email me at:

painoc001@hawaii.rr.com

and I'll send you a copy.

I just checked and it IS there!

Also the Serenity series (Serenity, Eternity and Infinity) also rocked!

Two very simple deathmatch maps for vanilla doom.

http://sunsite.org.uk/packages/idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/a-c/a1-snipe.zip

http://sunsite.org.uk/packages/idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/v-z/wupass1.zip

There are so many! At the moment I seem to be leaning towards
Chris Lutz's Inferno. Simply jaw dropping 8o!

T-N-T said:

Hmm...anything TeamTNT has ever come out with! I have been called a TeamTNT salesman too, so I may be a bit biased :)

Ok, seriously though. My favorite wad would have to be Doom 2000 from TeamTNT. I think that it is a breakthrough, and a lot of people don't like it simply because it was rushed. Now, that was only the FIRST hub, so they haven't finished all of it yet, and when they do, they "will" fix the bugs in the first hub. It will be released in it's entirety fairly soon. Ty Halderman has asked me personally to be one of the testers for this megawad. I can't wait!!!

Hmmm.

I tried DooM 2000.

Its one of the worst wads i have ever tried. The green light...The ugly maps...The lousy scripting. I think it purely....Dumped....

Guest Medieval_Gnome

UAC_DEAD all of the way!

Guest acidflash31

ok !! the best wad on net will be cruzified dream !! real doom profis work on it and its real hard to beat this wad !!

and the second will be "perforated entrails" !!! :) !!!
the new projekt of the doomers that are born to be doomers!!

http://internet.exit.de/orbitint