Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
X-DOOM

Change Skull Keys's Text on Dehacked

I need help to change all text outpout of Skull keys on dehacked when we use Door or button who need a skull keys.

Guest mac vile whore

you should probably try the editing forum they can probably help you there,also x-doom its me kevinspencer69r from icq remember dont forget to icq me when the next zd3k or zd64 comes out ok EH!
(sorry i am canadian too and i cant help but do that)

No kevinspencer69r i don't forgot you!
When i wanted to ask it to you didn't here!
Thanks !
And for ZD64 forget that, i can't do that, i don't want to have id on my ass for that TC.

Guest Ike the Killer

Open up DeHackEd v3.0 or later. Click on the word TEXT at the top (or hit F7). Scroll down till you find the text that matches the text in the game (lines 14224-14368). Then, click it and hit enter. Type in your line, and hit escape to save the changes to the text line (enter will print a new line character (\n)). If you find it saying "Text does not meet minimum length, do what I do. Hold space till you can't put any more spaces in. Then, hit escape, hit "y", and you're finished!

Thanks! Ike the Killer

Well i'm using Dehacked 1.30

And i can't find the text for these Skull TextDoor between (line 13060-14360)
Or what's the code i must insert in if i take NOTEPAD to build what i miss ?

What? 1.30? That's your problem, update to 3.1 or whatever the heck the newest one is. I believe you can get it from the utilities section of doomworld, and that will solve all your problems.

I might be wrong here, but in the original doom and therefore dehacked, aren't skull keys exactly the same as normal keys, i.e. not differentiated between?

You're right. Only Boom compatible ports treat skull keys and keycards differently, so you will have to use a text editor. I think that boomref.txt tells you how to do it, although I seem to remember trying to change the message awhile ago and it didn't work.

I think i found that problem now !
I've just find something on a .txt of TeamTNT.

I just to make a Dehacked.lmp to make what i want but some def i add don't really work.

Thanks to all who has helped me !