Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

I like the....

I think Doom's cast was great. All the additional guys in Doom2 were freakin annoying or ripoffs of Doom characters. The pain elemental especially, everytime you get a chance for a direct hit, a lost soul pops out and you kill the soul instead of hurt the elemental, and it just keeps going. The revenants and those annoying-to-the-point-you-throw-the-computer-out-the-window homing missiles. The arch vile going around ruining your perfect slaughter scenes. (This isn't to say I don't like placing these guys in my maps, but still...) I think the chaingunner was about the only decent addition to the original cast, and that one should have been there in the first place, as a mini-boss.

Guest ZarcyB

The lost soul was pretty crap. And the CyberDemon had to be the best. :)

Best one: Hard to say. Tie between Cyberdemon and Baron of Hell, but since everybody's gonna choose Cyberdemon, I'll go with Baron. Runners up: Mancubus, then Arch Vile

Worst: They're all pretty good compared to most games, but I'd say my least favorite is probably the lost souls. Runner up: Cacodemon. It looks like somebody at id got bored and drew a one-eyed red Dopefish with horns.

Guest LRM

Favorites: Cacodemon, Spider Mastermind, Baron of Hell

Least Favorites: Revenant, Pain Elemental, Archvile

Guest Rambo

My favorite is the Revenant (I love his homing missiles!!!) &
the Baron Of Hell but I hate the Pain Elemental and the lost souls.

I like good ol' Demons. How many other pink things can you honestly say actually terrified you (Barney doesn't count, he's purple not pink)? Plus, I just love that thud whenever they hit the ground.

Guest Kaopectate
LRM said:

Favorites: Cacodemon, Spider Mastermind, Baron of Hell

Least Favorites: Revenant, Pain Elemental, Archvile

Hehe...How can you hate the Archvile and the Revenant. They rule. They may be a bit weak in health for their strength, but they are some scary badasses when used right..anyway..

Favorites: Arcvile, Revenant, Cacodemon

Least Favs: Mancubus, Pain Elemental, Hell Knight (should have stayed just Barons)

Best: Arch-vile. They are the absolutely most sinister badass monsters in Doom II. They are a true pain in the ass, but nothing frigthens you more when you see one of those behind a horde of monsters.

Second best: Mancubus. They must be handled with care. To face a few of them in a room with pillars and such is quite fun.

Worst: Chaingunner. They do way to much damage for shooting non-dodgable fire.