Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZarcyB

A good(ish) idea...

Guest ZarcyB

I was checking out another forum (Squaregamer) and some of the people on that from the UK met up. I think it'd be cool if we did the same. Anyone else think so?

As far as I know, there are four or five German guys that can be considered active in this forum. That would be quite a small German meeting, wouldn't it :-)

I am in UK and when I was running a bbs lots of users came to meetings , we called then GT's, the bbs closed long ago but the GT's have carried on , one before last a guy actually flew from Germany to Manchester for the night out, and flew home in the morning http://www.pussykat.freeserve.co.uk/forest/main.html for pics of last 3 I think

It isn't my page so no slagging me off for the layout :)

Guest Kaopectate

I used to be on this MUD/MUG/MUCK called TCZ (The Chatting Zone: www.tcz.net ) the place itself had to close, but the code will be around soon...anyway...A bunch of users set up TCZ Meets and they still happen every now and then because so many of them live in England and go drinking together. I tried to set up a USA Meet once but when you get into Hotel Bookings it becomes a HUGE hassle and only like 4 TCZers live anywhere near me besides the ones that i recruited myself.

oddly enough: 3 couples who met on that place are now married. weird stuff :)

Guest spacedog
Lüt said:

Anybody live near Chicago?

A good friend of mine had a rather nasty experience after meeting someone he had made freind with on the internet, so i'll pass if you don't mind

I know only a few people from the uk who play doom or are active around here, and most of them are far too scary for a meet-up :P

Linguica said:

Like no one lives in San Diego / LA it seems... at least no one I would want to meet :P

Hey, I'm unemployed and out of school, I can come visit ;)

Guest LordUnum
Linguica said:

Like no one lives in San Diego / LA it seems... at least no one I would want to meet :P

Hehe.... well, Falconer, Biff, Natedog, traci lords, and I all are from the L.A. area. We participate in (near) Doom-exclusive LAN's once in a while.

Don't know if you'd really want to meet up with any of us, though... we really aren't too exciting in real life. ;-)

'Cept the fact that I drive like a reckless bastard some of the time (it's a strange feeling taking your car to the limits, kinda like sanity trying in vain to creep in...). Oh, and Biff has got SUCH A PAD!!! That's about it.

TheProphet said:

As far as I know, there are four or five German guys that can be considered active in this forum. That would be quite a small German meeting, wouldn't it :-)

And I always believed there were about 10 :)