• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shady Geezer

Snap Happy

Guest Shady Geezer

Hi,
I was just wondering what people think of a dedicated doom screenshot website.
If this has been done before i'm sorry for wasting your time.
If not please tell me what you think of it.
Thanks

Yeah, I think there's been numerous attempts at Doom art galleries and most haven't gone past 5 or 6 pictures in 3 or 4 months before shutting down.

Guest PainoMan

I would love to submit screenshots for such a site. I would even include short reviews for each level I submitted too.

I started to make a site of my own, but my MS personal webserver kinda went a little screwy so I haven't gotten it up yet. I may try again when I get some time.

Sir Fragsalot said:

I don't think you'd get enough submissions; look at Doomworld's Pic O' The Day (more like Pic O' The Month)

Greensting tends to keep quite a few pics going thanks to the perseverence of that old old old doom geriatric "r" :)
nearly forgot to add addr, :)
http://www.greensting.addr.com

Guest Shady Geezer

Ok I'll get right on it!

Sir Fragsalot said:

I don't think you'd get enough submissions; look at Doomworld's Pic O' The Day (more like Pic O' The Month)

I think you'd be suprised if you asked around.
I've only had about 20% success rate getting my pics posted on POTD. DoomHQ were more dependable in this regard, but I suppose they had less traffic, and less hosted sites which of course have to take priority.

Because the POTD is turned over so quickly, often bumped by big news in the community, and not everyone visits the site daily, it
might be an idea to have a page featuring thumbnails of the whole month's POTDs. That would be much easier than sequencing through
images to see which one's you've missed.

And Doomworld, how about a little more detail in the POTD caption? And an occassional link would be appreciated too.