Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kevin

Which is the best?

Guest Kevin

DoomGL,ZDoomGL,DoomLegacyGL.
Which is the best?

Guest David_A

I'd say LegacyGL. DoomGL and ZDoomGL use the same code and stuff, so they look equally bad. The only real problem with LegacyGL is the damned light level in the sectors, which every GL port has a problem with. You might want to check out JDoom, too.

Jdoom or Doom legacy GL.

(Heh communists seem to be like buses- you wait for ages then 3 come along at once)

David_A said:

I'd say LegacyGL. DoomGL and ZDoomGL use the same code and stuff, so they look equally bad. The only real problem with LegacyGL is the damned light level in the sectors, which every GL port has a problem with. You might want to check out JDoom, too.

ZDoomGL for me !

Guest ZarcyB

Doom was never meant for GL. It's just not right. It feels wrong. Someone should remake Doom with a much better engine (oh yeh, id are doing it.... nevermind).

JDoom is the only one that works on my POS computer so JDoom it is :)

Guest David_A
Teppic said:

Jdoom or Doom legacy GL.

(Heh communists seem to be like buses- you wait for ages then 3 come along at once)

3? I've only seen two new people using this face... If been using this old thing for quite some time.

Yah I think I included you in the 3- made more sense than saying that I'd been waiting for a communist whilst you were here all along.. blah

there is no best port....
doomgl and zdoomgl has md2 suppport, plus acs scripting but are terribly unstable....doomlegacygl is very playable...but it does not really add anything new....you have to choose which one suits you...