Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kevin

What's wrong in the forum?!

Guest Kevin

I have posted the title "Wolfenstein 3D!!!"in the forum before.But when I went to the forum and see.My message was lost!!Ok,Then I posted the same message again.Then I went to the forum.The message was still here.But the issues was not the same as before(You can see it by yourself).Then I register the new user.And I posted the same message again.After a few moment,I went to here again.Oh my God!!It was disappeared again.What's going on here?!It's very bother me!

It is because you asked for warez. Warez trade could bring Doomworld under legal attack so we would lose this place.

You should take my advice (which was deleted too - for what reason ever) and buy it online at id-Software for a few bucks. The game is well worth the money.

It's not so funny. Posting illegal content, or links to it, is one of the major causes of websites being shut down. Why do you think there is so little tolerance of warez here?

Guest Nuno Correia

Is abandonware considered warez?

Stphrz said:

It's not so funny. Posting illegal content, or links to it, is one of the major causes of websites being shut down. Why do you think there is so little tolerance of warez here?

Yeah, but it's not exactly the same thing as Napster, or web sites with illegal images involving children or animals.. They get shut down all the time! Somehow I don't think the full version of Wolfenstien 3D would have quite that effect. Sure, we won't allow it here.. But even still, if someone posted a link to a site with the full version of Wolfenstien 3D, you'd think Doomworld would get shut down? Dare I say, HA! ... Haha.. Haahahahahaaaaa.. Hmm.

No but doomworld would be effected by US law, being hosted on telefragged and all, and we all know just how retarded american law is.

Nuno Correia said:

Is abandonware considered warez?

Abandonware is legal if the software is more than 2 years old, and is not being sold. That's why roms of classic arcade games are legal.

Guest spacedog

Abandonware is always illegal, it's just that if a game is more that five years old and isn't being sold anymore then nobody cares enough about it to make a fuss
go to www.abandonwarering.com for the lowdown
It takes seventy five years for copyright to wear off, and the oldest computer game is less than forty years old, you do the math

Uh, 'fraid your wrong. Abandonware isn't ALWAYS illegal. If the original creators/copyright holders give permission for it to be downloaded, then it is perfectly legal.

Some companies even put full versions of their own games up for download (like Epic did with One Must Fall).

Guest fraggle`
AndrewB said:

Doomworld? Legal attack? Haha, hahahahahaaaa.. Hmm, sorry

Its about keeping some respectability to the place as much as anything. If Ling lets people post warez links on doomworld then the sites credibility suffers as well.

NiGHTMARE said:

Uh, 'fraid your wrong. Abandonware isn't ALWAYS illegal. If the original creators/copyright holders give permission for it to be downloaded, then it is perfectly legal.

Some companies even put full versions of their own games up for download (like Epic did with One Must Fall).

My apologies for my previous statement. The law regarding softeware copyrights that allowed abandonware was repealed in about 1994... I need to be more observant.

Guest spacedog

if the creators/copyright holder give pemission for it to be downloaded then it becomes freeware, doesn't it?