Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PsychoSofa

MS-DOS box mouse speed (help!)

Guest PsychoSofa

I recently started playing DOOM again, after about 3 years of ignoring that I had it. I can't play normal DOOM, however. I have to use a w9x based engine to play, for a simple reason... I am using Windows ME, which no longer has a pure DOS mode. I have to run DOS programs in a DOS box. This DOS box has absolutely no mouse sensitivity. When I turn DOOM's mouse speed all the way up, put my mouse drivers to fastest speed and high acceleration, I can still only turn about 10 degrees with a motion that crosses my entire mousepad. I'd just deal with it and use a nicer-looking OpenGL port of DOOM, but I find that none of the new engines play the same way. I must play the original DOOM engine... but because of the mouse speed, I can't beat level 1. Can anyone tell me of any utilities to increase the sensitivity within the DOS box?

try editing default.cfg in doom folder and raise mouse speed?
default is 9 but I know most doomers go from 80 to over 200

Guest PsychoSofa
fodders said:

Dude, thank you! I can can play now =)

I'm now a happy, giddy, fragging PsychoSofa

fodders said:

Mine's at 30. You think that's too low?

Stphrz said:

Mine's at 30. You think that's too low?

how long is a piece of string (ok I just KNOW the nerds gonna say a piece of string is x2 the distance from middle to one end) :)
But mouse sens is everyones different preference damn good player i know (exterminator) has it at 250, best player I played (danny lancashire) had it at 16, go figure, main thing is to have no mouse acceleration on i think and ps2rate.exe is always handy to have if u got a ps2 mouse :)