Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

-=The Movie=-

Well, first Tri-Star, then Zues-Fils, then Todd-McFarlane, and then on to Steven Speilberg. I have not heard anything on the movie yet, since it has been passed onto Steven. Please only reply if you "KNOW" important UP-TO-DATE info, dont just reply like "It not gonna be made!". The End...

Guest Duke Nukem

I was thinking about this the other day and i relized that if the movie is made it may get quite boring unless they add more things other than the main doom based story line. I mean, how bored are you gonna get watching a 3 hour movie where he strafes and shoots imps all the time? Now as for Steven accepting the script. I think he trashed it considering it probably sucked. We need to get one of US in there writing the script for the movie since we are the only true blue DooM Fans left

I don't believe Steven Speilberg picking up the doom rights is true. I just don't think he'd risk his reputation with such a volatile property.

Duke Nukem said:

I was thinking about this the other day and i relized that if the movie is made it may get quite boring unless they add more things other than the main doom based story line. I mean, how bored are you gonna get watching a 3 hour movie where he strafes and shoots imps all the time? Now as for Steven accepting the script. I think he trashed it considering it probably sucked. We need to get one of US in there writing the script for the movie since we are the only true blue DooM Fans left

No, the movie would be based on the novels by Dafydd ab Hugh.

Guest David A
Jon said:

I don't believe Steven Speilberg picking up the doom rights is true. I just don't think he'd risk his reputation with such a volatile property.

For real... Whoever started the Speilberg rumour is a complete idiot. Speilberg's movies never have much gratuitous violence in them unless it's to make some kind of message. And what possible moral message could we get out of a Doom movie?

If anyone actually bothers to make the Doom movie (and I hope they don't), most likely it's going to suck soooo bad.

Jeremy said:

Can anyone imagine Arlene Sanders ? The girls in the book with the Caporal Taggar!

I read all Doom book and i love it, so if a movie will be done, i think i will the first to see him !
lol

Jeremy said:

No, the movie would be based on the novels by Dafydd ab Hugh.

ERm no it isn't./wasn't.

David A said:

For real... Whoever started the Speilberg rumour is a complete idiot. Speilberg's movies never have much gratuitous violence in them unless it's to make some kind of message. And what possible moral message could we get out of a Doom movie?

If anyone actually bothers to make the Doom movie (and I hope they don't), most likely it's going to suck soooo bad.

What I think would be cool is if it was done Shining-style, except with Jack Nicholson wandering around the hotel halls, it would be the Marine dude in the bases and hell just kinda following this big puzzle scheme. Or even like 2001, for a little more boring example. Something weird and creepy that doesn't exactly make sense but is cool just because...