Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ReX

Lut: Paranoia

I tried responding to your comment in response to the Newstuff Chronicles, but DooMWorld didn't recognize my user name. Thanks for your comments on Paranoia. I wasn't sure what you meant by "blatant misalignments", though. I always take a lot of care to align textures (both horizontally as well as vertically).

Talking about Quake 2 base maps, my previous release was a 5-level set for DooM2 using Q2 textures, in a base setting. As a matter of fact you had reviewed it for Team Insanity. Is that a coincidence or what?

Yes, Paranoia was quite well done I thought. I too saw the misalignments. I can't remember where they were though. I know from experience, it is extremely difficult for the map maker to catch all the misalignments in their own levels. No matter how many times you go through it, you always seem to miss something. That's why it's so useful to have someone else give it the once over if you can :)

I know, you seem to have a trademark feel in your map designs. I was gonna review this one too. In fact I almost got it done, but, stuff is really really bothering me at the moment. Misalignments I was talking about were more in the ceiling textures, not walls: I came across times when there were ceiling lights getting cut off a lot.