Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mauler

Just answer my question!

Guest Mauler

Dammit, just tell me if you can turn off the gore in Deus Ex and System Shock II!

This is not a Deus Ex or System Shock II forum. Your post is off topic and rude. GOMFI.

Not many shot em up games have gore off options, in fact I cant think of any, just a few that lets you tone them down. My parents are christians too, whats that have to do with not being able to play violent games? What your parents problem is is that they have been twisted by the media into thinking games like that will fuck their kids up in the brain, which is totally unrealistic, seeing there are alot of people out there who play such games and dont end up going on a killing spree, and many of them are good people. Parents just blame games and TV to cover up the fact that they are lousy parents who screwed up in raising their kid.

I know that there is a "non-gore" mode in another game I can recommend:
Rise of the Triad
In that game, you can also kill priests (would shock your parents to death, I guess).
Many people think that this is the most gory and violent game ever (RSAC Advisory index 4, Doom reaches only a "3").

Guest Fanatic
mewse said:

This is not a Deus Ex or System Shock II forum. Your post is off topic and rude. GOMFI.

I agree!

A good place for him to go would be a Christian web-forum, if anyone would know what games are safe, and what games can be made safe via a manu option to turn off gore, they would.

This is a DOOM forum after all, no a DeusEx forum!

Peter Heinemann said:

I know that there is a "non-gore" mode in another game I can recommend:
Rise of the Triad
In that game, you can also kill priests (would shock your parents to death, I guess).
Many people think that this is the most gory and violent game ever (RSAC Advisory index 4, Doom reaches only a "3").

not only can you kill priests.. you can allso kill wounded soliders begging you to spare their lives... that i think is the really violent part... :O)

Guest Fanatic
Disorder said:

Don't be so rude on him ...

I think I wasn't considering his post.

bitstate said:

not only can you kill priests.. you can allso kill wounded soliders begging you to spare their lives... that i think is the really violent part... :O)

"No flesh shall be spared"
(motto of "ZPC", the best Marathon-clone)

my experience with mac's is limited to thge very old "macintosh classic" serie my old school had, they were old even then and was not much compared to my amiga500. Needless to say i know nothing about marathon exept that i've seen some screenshots and know that its a fps, appart from that alot of people seem to like maraton :o)