Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Triggsie

PNAMES query

Guest Triggsie

Could you please assist a newbie to resolve a PNAMES error.

When executing I get an error as follows:
R_Init: Init DOOM refresh deamon - Error: W_GetNumForName: PNAMES not found!

I have tried to get info and have found a bit relating to a TEXTURE/PNAME wad. Is this where I need to focus and if so what does it do, where is it located and how do I fix.

Assistance shall be appriciated.

Guest ChriS

Is a patch missing from a texture? did you delete a patch by accident? You must've deleted the PNAMES by accident I guess..

Guest Triggsie

What I did do after installing glide is delete and remake/install doom in another directory for 3dfx. In saying that, I did not have doom running prior. Forgive my ignorance - is this a no no?

If it is of assistance, the version of doom I have is XDoom build 20001001. I have not installed any patches.

Guest spacedog

Xdoom? did you buy the full version of doom? do you have a big 20 odd meg file called doom.wad or doom2.wad?

Guest Triggsie

Thanks for the lead. I was trying to use the doom1.wad as per INSTALL. I can now get sxdoom to work but when trying to run glxdoom I get an error that "Can't find or access Banshee/V3 board". I have set up for a Voodoo3, is there a place to change?

Just a guess, but you might be misssing opengl32.dll. You can get it from a lot of places (most modern FPSs have it, or try www.3dfx.com ). Once you've got it, copy it into the directory you've got Doom in.