Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfraRed

crapcrapcrap

is this something hardly noticed, or are the demons in Doom really really unique? compared to other games, doom's baddies are pure genious...i just realized this after playing quake and quake 2....their enemies are rat feces compared to those of doom....they all have special atrributes that seperate them so easily and make them purely beneficial to the game in their own way and i think thats what games such as the quakes and other games are seriously lacking and which makes them trash compared to doom....this was just an opinion building thread so plz post ur ideas...

yeah, a giant floating pumpkin and a big shaved gorrila that can actually touch the floor with his jaw. =]

Yeah, and a thorn-covered turd with red eyes and idiots with weak assault rifles and green hair :P

pritch said:

Don't listen to these old-timers, I agree with you =)

so do I. That's why it's so hard to create new monsters for DOOM :P

I think there is sufficient scope, but each will require considerable care and effort, which was not seen in Quake.

I think both doom and quake have excellent monster design (except for the spawn, i hate that bastard) However when ID got to quake2 it seems like they gave monster design the big screw job. I really can't think of one enemy in quake2 that I like, they're all boring cyborg pieces of crap. *sigh*

doom has no real consistancy in monster design, probably due to the change of directions the game was constanly taking throughout development.

I still wonder to this day why the zombiemen had green hair... I gave the Zombie Leperchauns in Lep Doom giant green beards as a side joke but I don't think anyone really made the connection.

since seeing the 11 min video on doom3, especialy the part where the lost soul posseses the soldier (0:52), i think the reason for the green hair is just to emphasise that the zombieman is a zombie. if you look at 0:52, the soldiers skin is green after the possesion. and since back in the doom days there was no way to express facial features well, the green hair was used to show more zombie quality to it, IMO.

somebody should ask romero about that.

Jello said:

I think both doom and quake have excellent monster design (except for the spawn, i hate that bastard) However when ID got to quake2 it seems like they gave monster design the big screw job. I really can't think of one enemy in quake2 that I like, they're all boring cyborg pieces of crap. *sigh*

I liked the tanks. But then I started playing without godmode and realised they are practicaly the easiest enemy in the game.

Yeah, all you need is a fully-loaded chaingun and they're fucked. And they are very predictable as well, because ALL of the Tank's movements were slow.

Icarus, Parasite and Medic : VERY interesting creatures/cyborgs.

DOOM monsters were truely original, probably because it's based around the futuristic scope and not some scientific accident on Earth or Medievil scene..

Davidoom said:

DOOM monsters were truely original, probably because it's based around the futuristic scope and not some scientific accident on Earth or Medievil scene..

Yeah that's right they didn't really follow any one theme except that of scaring the nonsense out of you back in the day. And so what if they follow no pattern? If Hell doesn't follow a humanistic pattern of design, why should hellspawn?

since seeing the 11 min video on doom3, especialy the part where the lost soul posseses the soldier (0:52)

WTF? What movie was this?!