Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

From bad to worse...

Still waiting on a new power supply (http://www.doomworld.com/forums/general/messages/11249.shtml).

But something even worse might happen. Allow me to explain...

I'm on the groundfloor of a four storey apartment block, and there's a river right next to us (about ten feet from our kitchen window in fact).

The water level in the river is normally a couple of foot below the bank. It's currently about an inch, and it looks like it's about to rain again any minute. When it rains at the moment, it lasts for about five hours.

The road on the other side of the river is already flooded.

Things aren't looking good... :(

Bah, it's possible. I saw it in a movie once, so it's GOTTA be true... right? :)

I would get ready for the worst, and use hated siblings/family/pets as sand bags and protect the sacred stuff, like DOOM and... umm... DOOM! =^)

Test-0

Your best bet is to probably move all your valuable things to one the above apartments if one is empty, or become friendly with an upstair neighbour FAST :).

Simple. Start drinking from the river. If you drink enough, you'll evade the flood. I think Thor drank a half ocean in the norse mythology. You'll only have to do about half.

Guest destROYer
boris said:

I think Thor drank a half ocean in the norse mythology

I bet Thor REALLY needed to go wee-wee after that... ;)

Guest spacedog
Test-0 said:

Bah, it's possible. I saw it in a movie once, so it's GOTTA be true... right? :)

I would get ready for the worst, and use hated siblings/family/pets as sand bags and protect the sacred stuff, like DOOM and... umm... DOOM! =^)

Test-0

It was a lot less than half, but he still drank enough to make the level of the atlantic ocean drop noticably

boris said:

Yeah... but when you drink something it does not really completely disappear ;)

Hmm... True. He'll just have to piss it out in the Atlantic in periodic intervals. It'll perhaps drown Belgium, but what the heck.

Naberus said:

Your best bet is to probably move all your valuable things to one the above apartments if one is empty, or become friendly with an upstair neighbour FAST :).

Yeah, sharing with the nympho in the room above me wouldn't be so bad... =p

Grul said:

Simple. Start drinking from the river. If you drink enough, you'll evade the flood. I think Thor drank a half ocean in the norse mythology. You'll only have to do about half.

The local water is so polluted I'd probably die before I'd even swallowed :)

Well, there was no flood, luckily. The river's gone down quite a lot now, and it's not supposed to rain for another couple of days at least.