1. 1. best halo?

• Pretty Hate Machine
    • Broken
    • The Downward Spiral
    • The Fragile
    • And All That Could of Been
    • Other (state below)
    • nine inch nails blow big donkey dicks

Seeing as how I have know purchased all the major NIN cds I figured i'd get comments on what one people consider to be the best.

I can't really decided between Downward Spiral and the Fragile...

I too love The Fragile.
However, Downward Spiral just about clinches it.

It won't let me vote right now for some stupid reason... but my fave is Broken. Tough decision though, they're all pretty good IMO

dont worry i voted broken for you.....which only took presidence b/c of the broken movie i managed to get my claws on i included as halo 5 the runner up would have to be halo 12 tho......my collection consists of all the halo + the imports and 4 bootlegs plus 1 cd that the radios get to launch the songs b4 the cd is released that i stole from the collage radio station ^^ and all the interviews on tv on their own separate tapes ^^

I don't really have a favourite, I love them all...just like every other band I like...

But if I really had to pick a favourite, it would have to be PHm, cause yeah that's the first NIN halo I ever heard.

Why the hell is every NIN thing say 'Halo x' anyway? WTF IS THAT!! WHY ARE THEY HALOS?!!

Umm, well, each NIN release has a number on it called a halo which is just a way of organizing the releases.

A NIN fansite said that. I have heard why he calls them Halo's, my friend told me, but I forgot now.

/me points the finger at alcohol

InfraRed said:

dont worry i voted broken for you.....which only took presidence b/c of the broken movie i managed to get my claws on i included as halo 5 the runner up would have to be halo 12 tho......my collection consists of all the halo + the imports and 4 bootlegs plus 1 cd that the radios get to launch the songs b4 the cd is released that i stole from the collage radio station ^^ and all the interviews on tv on their own separate tapes ^^

Christ
/me gives up trying to collect all the halos

Also, according to the info on a certain mp3 I have (though I don't usualy trust mp3s...they like to lie a lot) there was a vinyl version of The Fragile which had extra tracks. Odd that I never heard anyhting like that until now.

Yeah, I heard about the extra tracks on the vinyl too...

So far I've got: Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, Fixed, Downward Spiral, Closer, Futher Down the Spiral (V2), The Fragile and All that Could of Been (+still), oh yeah, and Quake.

I should be getting Halo 3 (the Maxi Single one) thru the post tommorrow.

the vinyl does indeed have some extra songs on it. I had the MP3s once but they went to hell along with my old 8gig HD (didn't have easy access to a burner back then, lost alotta shit). One of the songs on the vinyl version is also extended (can't remember which one). The extra songs have appeared on the singles from The Fragile though.

darknation said:

So far I've got: ...The Fragile and All that Could of Been (+still)

Fuck you.

I'm going to kill you, steal it, then rape you for good measure, though not necisarily in that order. Actualy, I'd probably just steal it then run away like a sissy.

the_Danarchist said:

Fuck you.

I'm going to kill you, steal it, then rape you for good measure, though not necisarily in that order. Actualy, I'd probably just steal it then run away like a sissy.

Heh, maybe you can rob me as well...

+still? What does that mean? I have a limited edition one in the grey/gray fabric case...it cost me $70 (god dammed HMV)

the_Danarchist said:

Fuck you.

Rape me and I'll give it to you for free.

I paid 16 pounds for my Swathed-in-Grey-Fabric-Limited-Edition because the mongols in HMV got confused and attached the wrong prices to the boxes, so for the first hour or so of sale the limited editions were selling for 16 quid and the normal 1 CD sets were about twice that price.

I laughed.

---------------

mmnpsrsoskl: Still is the name of the limited Edition 2nd CD of the All that Could of Been boxed set.

I can't decide. I own Downward Spiral, and yesterday I bought And All That Could Have Been from the West Edmonton Mall. I'm borrowing The Fragile from the library, and returned Broken to there awhile ago.

GooberMan said:

the vinyl does indeed have some extra songs on it. One of the songs on the vinyl version is also extended (can't remember which one). The extra songs have appeared on the singles from The Fragile though.

the vinyl and the tape have appendage added to please to increase the track time to make the sides more balanced, yet im pretty sure that with the song ripe the term "with decay" is actually an added portion to the song as yet another attempt to balance the track time of the Right. I have 2 vinyls ^^ Halo 1 (down in it single) and halo 16 (things falling apart)

BTW talking about the special edition of and All That Could Have Been...i spent 80 bucks to get the Spec.ED. and the DVD's making it a happy day...but i also skipped skool to do it which was just icing on the cake ^^

Also how many of you were aware that Marilyn Manson did back up vocals on Broken?? just some trivia ^^

I've managed to get hold of some vids on DivX... Happiness in Slavery, Wish, Gave Up, and i've seen the studio vid to March of the Pigs too.

MTV2 shows the NIN 1-hour special from time to time, it's got several vids on it.

InfraRed said:

Also how many of you were aware that Marilyn Manson did back up vocals on Broken?? just some trivia ^^

Yeah, he also appeared in the video to 'Gave up'... he had eyebrows, sang backing and played guitar.

Weird to see.

the Broken movie is really worth watching if you are a die hard NiN fan tho...its so completely fuct up....

InfraRed said:

the Broken movie is really worth watching if you are a die hard NiN fan tho...its so completely fuct up....

True, so very true.

The wankers at my local CD store fucking well charged full price for Broken, even though it's only an EP. Fucking wankers. And they still don't have Skinny Puppy cd in, after I ordered it 14 WEEKS ago. They told me 6-8 weeks. And they reckon nothing can be done. I told the wankers to ring the supplier, but the guy said "we can't do anything about it"...FUCKING DUMBASS.

Back on topic : |\|||/| is teh shiznit.

hmm, I downloaded broken a while ago, I didn't like it. However there are a few songs from them I can stand and sort of like.