Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest doomgod12345

what's with episode 1

Guest doomgod12345

ok what is it that makes episode 1 so great. well here are my reasons. 1 it is the first episode that many of us ever played and it got us by surprise. Most of us started our doom playing with that episode so it has a place in our minds. 2 the music fits perfectly to all of its levels. i really think the music to levels 5 and 7 fit very well and they are my favorite levels as well. also the music was not theme based, it did not sound like the same type of musci threw the game. It also gave the levels a bit of a scary enviroment. 3 the levels, they were not theme based as well, not all gothic or techno. they hardly looked like the name of it as well, level 1 does not even look like a hanger. they also mixed and matched texture and light effects, i hated all the brown dark rooms of quake. the levels used many different textures of different colors, and the levels use a lare amount of light effect, some areas were dark, others light or with a flicker. They too had a good enviroment and were not based on puzzles. 4 the enemies, i sure was not expecting deamons. they were scary i jumped when i heard the imp sound in a dark hallway. The sounds for the enemies is the best i have heard in any game. 5 hardness of the games was not based on puzzles, reason i hate tombraider. it was based on fighting enemies and on how well u could adapt to fight quickly, also good for hand eye cordination.

for those making episode 1 replacements here are a few tips, use monsters, music and weapons from the first episode. dont get stuck on a theme, mix and match. use different light effects in all the maps, dont make one that is all dark or light. mix between outside fighting and inside. also use alot of eye candy to add to game play. also put monsters in a good place and use alot of them.

Hey take a look at uacexp.wad at newstuff! It rules. And its Episode 1 styled!

Oh yeah. Heres your post, just a bit more readable!

ok what is it that makes episode 1 so great. well here are my reasons.

1 it is the first episode that many of us ever played and it got us by surprise. Most of us started our doom playing with that episode so it has a place in our minds.

2 the music fits perfectly to all of its levels. i really think the music to levels 5 and 7 fit very well and they are my favorite levels as well. also the music was not theme based, it did not sound like the same type of musci threw the game. It also gave the levels a bit of a scary enviroment.

3 the levels, they were not theme based as well, not all gothic or techno. they hardly looked like the name of it as well, level 1 does not even look like a hanger. they also mixed and matched texture and light effects, i hated all the brown dark rooms of quake. the levels used many different textures of different colors, and the levels use a lare amount of light effect, some areas were dark, others light or with a flicker. They too had a good enviroment and were not based on puzzles.

4 the enemies, i sure was not expecting deamons. they were scary i jumped when i heard the imp sound in a dark hallway. The sounds for the enemies is the best i have heard in any game.

5 hardness of the games was not based on puzzles, reason i hate tombraider. it was based on fighting enemies and on how well u could adapt to fight quickly, also good for hand eye cordination.

for those making episode 1 replacements here are a few tips, use monsters, music and weapons from the first episode. dont get stuck on a theme, mix and match. use different light effects in all the maps, dont make one that is all dark or light. mix between outside fighting and inside. also use alot of eye candy to add to game play. also put monsters in a good place and use alot of them.

Guest spacedog

I din't like epsiode 1, jar-jar binks was just so irritating

spacedog said:

I din't like epsiode 1, jar-jar binks was just so irritating

im not an episod e1 bacher. i mean look at my email adress. jedimasterhassan, im a big star wars fan and jar jar didnt really bother me, i thought his irritatingness was kinda funny actually. i still think return of the jedi is the best. its my favorite movie

Nope! What makes Jar Jar annoying, is yourself! I didnt think of him as annoying, caus' i didnt go to the cinema, thinking JAR JAR IS ANNOYING! JAR JAR IS ANNOYING!JAR JAR...... Caus' he aint!

Belief can move mountains!

I think he Ruled!

Guest spacedog

I didn't go to the cinema thinking "jar-jar is annoying" because i hadn't even heard of jar-jar, I just saw him in the film and thought "he is very annoying i wsh he would die"

mewse said:

I second that.

Funny, I was talking to my dad today about how much episode 1 sucks, and how it certainly hasn't passed the test of time.

Guest Lurmy
mewse said:

I second that.

I third that.