Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

OFFICIAL! This is it!

-=DooM-GalaxY=- The dawn of a new OFFICIAL DooM page, and clan.
So far it's me, Malum, and Zaldron. Malum has done the next DooMGalaxY page, it rocks!!! Go to http://www.geocities.com/doomgalaxy/index.htm
And soon it will be a registered domain aswell. The original DooM-GalaxY page has also registered a domain, which will be open within the next 24 hours*. www.doomgalaxy.com
This place will have wads, mods, forums, polls, music, DM CLANS, hosting, posting, news...EVERYTHING a true DooMer WANTS and NEEDS. But I must make these credits: Thanks to Linguica for Doomworld, which as been a big support in our success, and all of you poeple in these forums! Thanks ALOT! Soon our page will have better forums as well. Soon, the futur will be bright.

The DooMGalaxy page on Geocities looks VERY cool. Hope the rest of your site will be as good.

Guest fraggle`

OMG! LENS FLARES! I'M REALLY IMPRESSED

Guest spacedog

How is it copyright 2001? can i borrow your time machine?
Also the quicktime thingy in the corner slows everything wayyyy down

fraggle` said:

fraggle when did you turn into such a jackass ;)

the page looks pretty decent to me

like, check this out

[img][/img] [img][/img]

those look pretty l33t to me, i wonder how they filtered them

Hey !
they looks cool and perfect also !

Playing with these New Arch-Vile skins, they transform them so incredible!

spacedog said:

I put 2001 because I am lazy and dont want to update it in 2 months

fraggle` said:

Hey now, lens flares, so what, I've never made a webpage, so give me some credit. I'll just assume you are being so mean because you are a drunk fish.

mewse said:

fraggle when did you turn into such a jackass ;)

the page looks pretty decent to me

like, check this out

[img][/img] [img][/img]

those look pretty l33t to me, i wonder how they filtered them

I'll be honest and say that there is nothing special about what was done to those Arch Viles. I just got paint shop pro, went to http://members.tripod.com/~dukendoom/index.html , filled in the transparent sections with black, resized the sprite 200%, and used Effects->Artist Effect->Colored Edges and set the luminace to 0, Blur to 6, and intensity to 3. You can do it with about just any gif, and it comes out looking cool. http://www.geocities.com/doomgalaxy/vile.gif

Anyway, I dont care once again what people "fraggle" think about the quality of the site, I was hoping to shoot for an easier to get around site then the old doom galaxy, and if it isnt that then I have failed and complain away.

Hey, I knew you didn't do it by hand or anything, but thanks for sharing your secret recipe for a wickedly smoothed doom sprite. It still looks damn cool.

ReX said:

The DooMGalaxy page on Geocities looks VERY cool. Hope the rest of your site will be as good.

Yes indeed. Very nice. I especially like what you did with the Doom sprites (see posts below). I think it looks as good (better even) than some of the hosted sites on Doomworld :)

spacedog said:

Yeah, quicktime is an evil resource hog.

Malum Archon said:

Blur to 6

Maybe you should try 4 or 3? Those look good but they look like they've been printed and dipped in a toilet too.

Malum Archon said:

Hey now, lens flares, so what, I've never made a webpage, so give me some credit. I'll just assume you are being so mean because you are a drunk fish.

heh its a cool site, don't worry. Its just lens flares are one thing that seperate a newbie from a professional, both terms being pretty loose. 'professionals' avoid them because newbies use them, if you see what I mean.

Loose the frames and its perfect ;)