• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheProphet

Interesting mapping contest on NewDoom

There is an interesting mapping contest on NewDoom.com :

<snip>
we will create a very basic base map, which you will build off and add on. You will have the freedom to do whatever your little heart desires. If you want to replace sounds, textures, sprites... you name it, you can do it, you will just have to have it done within the span of that week.
</snip>

Now the problem is that they don't say, when the contest will start. Since I don't visit NewDoom that often, it would be nice, if someone posts a new thread when that happens.

Wouldn't it be cool, if someone of us would win the contest?

Do you think, it is a good idea to enter the contest? The rules are interesting, but since you can add everything you want to the map, the WADs will probably become quite huge.

Guest Duke Nukem

Wow, sounds like what we were talking about in #doom the other day. Fucking thieves.

mewse said:

maonth, they're judging the contest so if they don't want one of us to win, we won't.

/Me Is Sad!

Guest Ferrari
Shaviro said:

yeah!

God DAMN they would be mad if one of us Doomworldians won!
Muahhahahah!

NewDooM wouldn't care. We don't try to see who's site gets the best mappers. One who wins, one deserves it. If one of you guys won first place, you deserve it, I applaud you. If one of them won, they deserve it. Who the hell cares who is from where?
They are not going to exclude include anyone from a certain place. Doomworlders are welcome to try out. Have fun guys, and may the best guy win.

TheProphet, if you want me to, I will start a thread when they start one. They have informed us that they will post some more info about it before it gets released, they much likely will post a date when they will put it up.

Duke Nukem, I have no idea where you got that. Our host is against stealing ideas. He thought of it himself. Everyone would have talked about many different ideas. It would be too easy to say someone stole the idea because the laws of probability would be too high that someone else already thought of it. At least Doomworld has 10 sector wad contest, and it turned out excellent. Chill out guys.

<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT size=1>quote:<HR>TheProphet, if you want me to, I will start a thread when they start one.<HR>[/quote]

Yeah, thanks, that would be nice. I think that a lot guys here will enter if you make it public on DoomWorld, too.

Guest Ferrari

That would be fine. Everyone's welcome. I'm appalled some people would think otherwise. NewDoom doesn't reject anyone.

Guest pailhead
Shaviro said:

God DAMN they would be mad if one of us Doomworldians won!Muahhahahah!

Maonth, why would NewDoom care who won the contest? We have no interest in this little Doomworld/NewDoom quibble that for some reason people think is going on. If you submit a map, it'll be reviewed in the same manner as everyone else who submits. We are not going to favor one person over another. If you win, you win! Congrat's, it's that simple. If you don't win, just try again next time, when and if we do another level based contest.

As for Duke Nukem's accusation that we got the idea from #doom, that's a total coincidence. We for one, RARELY visit the IRC, two we have been discussing this feature for quite some time now. So this is just plain old coincidence! Sorry.

Why do you feel that we are going to be mad if a Doomworld viewer wins? Could you give me a suggestion?

Thanks...

Guest pailhead
TheProphet said:

Yeah, thanks, that would be nice. I think that a lot guys here will enter if you make it public on DoomWorld, too.

TheProphet, we'll let the Doomworld visitors know... it will be happening VERY SOON!!!! And I mean VERY SOON! [hint, hint] ;)

Thanks...

Guest Charlotte
Ferrari said:

Well said Ferrari well said =)

Ferrari said:

I expect doomworld will update about the contest when its announced- after all, its doom news, and it would be rather silly to ignore it just because its from a rival page.

Guest pailhead
Jon said:

I expect doomworld will update about the contest when its announced- after all, its doom news, and it would be rather silly to ignore it just because its from a rival page.

"Rival" page. I know I'm beating a dead horse here. But... what is a rival page? Does Blue, Suga' or VE have a war of words? Do they consider the other pages as rivals? I'd have to think not. This "rivalry" is nonexistance, at least for myself. I just think that we are fans of the games, that are here to help support the past, present, and future of Doom!

That's the bottom line, as far as I go. Now for the others on NewDoom, I can't speak for them. This is just my stance on things.

Heck, I even submitted the orginal game boxes, for Doomworlds screenshot of the day, thingy. ;) And you guys posted it!

Thanks...

Guest Ferrari
Charlotte said:

Well said Ferrari well said =)

Thank you, Charlotte. :D

pailhead said:

"Rival" page. I know I'm beating a dead horse here. But... what is a rival page? Does Blue, Suga' or VE have a war of words? Do they consider the other pages as rivals? I'd have to think not. This "rivalry" is nonexistance, at least for myself. I just think that we are fans of the games, that are here to help support the past, present, and future of Doom!

That's the bottom line, as far as I go. Now for the others on NewDoom, I can't speak for them. This is just my stance on things.

Heck, I even submitted the orginal game boxes, for Doomworlds screenshot of the day, thingy. ;) And you guys posted it!

Thanks...

Oh come on, of course you are rivals, like burger king and macdonalds. It doesn't mean you have to hate each other or act badly towards each other but please, don't be pedantic about wording.

Guest pailhead
Jon said:

Oh come on, of course you are rivals, like burger king and macdonalds. It doesn't mean you have to hate each other or act badly towards each other but please, don't be pedantic about wording.

"Rivals"? Seriously, I don't see it as that. Burger King and MacDonalds? :) That kind of makes me laugh, cause that's a whole different ball game. They have things to "sell" and make money on, they have stock options to worry about. What do we have, 2 websites for the same game, promoting the same thing. I see Doomworld as another Doom page out there spreading the information. I've been on the net for almost 6 years now and have had numerous pages in my time for Unreal, Blood etc and never found anyone to be a rival, just that we had the same interest in the same game. Maybe I just see things different. I have no hard feelings toward Doomworld, and for one you can bet that you'll NEVER see me say anything bad or slanderous about any other site out there.

That's just me guys... maybe I'm different...