Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dream Destroyer

War in my trousers

Guest Dream Destroyer

Ok, so, I have come to the conclusion that there is a war between Newdoom.com and Doomworld.com.

I have one question... WHY!!!!
(Allright, so the exclamation marks make it a statement inside of a question, as was originally intended, and I obviously have yet to learn the art of the backspace key.)

I am quite frankly disapointed to see the community split like this. I know that Doomworld didn't start this, I visit this site, and it's forums all the time. But that means that Newdoom and it's daily visitors started it... But why??? That's what I want to know. What is the point.

I was not aware that there is a war going on between both sites, even though I use to visit them almost daily. Just do not care and continue dooming - spending to much care on such things is a waste of time.

Guest Firebrandt

Dunno, I think fiffy started it. I guess he just couldn't handle being banned from these forums.

I personally have nothing against newdoom, if for the only reason that it's run by Mindless Games. Without wmull(Phoebus) and Mindless Games the Hexen/Heretic community would probably have died a long time ago.

Guest Lurmy

IT'S REOL'S FAULT!
Nothing else could possibly start the inter-doom-site feud.

Guest David A

Sounds like a perfectly decent explanation to me. The people behind NewDoom don't seem hostile, so it's probably just Mr Mature over there stirring up a ruckus.

REoL started posting a bunch of stuff about linguica, taking the piss, and that basically started it off.

Guest Dream Destroyer

They don't... But I couldn't think of anything else to say. :)

Peter Heinemann said:

I was not aware that there is a war going on between both sites, even though I use to visit them almost daily. Just do not care and continue dooming - spending to much care on such things is a waste of time.

Ever wonder why Doomworld hardly ever has updates on Newdoom hosted sites, and why Newdoom hardly ever has updates on Doomworld hosted sites?