Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

D&D = DooM

I just came up with a good idea!
Who here likes the ol' game D&D? Not the video game, but the Fantasy Role Playing Game. Lotsa people do like it. Anyway, I added a D&D "ply by web" to my Diablo page {gwod.net} and came up with a briliant idea. Think about this: You can make up your own story, settings, monsters, and characters for any D&D game...
How about a DooM Dungeons & Dragons!? That would kick arse!! Imagine sitting around a table with your buddies playing D&D style DooM! I think that will be my next project...{not that I ever finished any of my other ones :P }

Guest Dream Destroyer

Announcement from Mewsecult(tm)!!

==--- "Mewse" ---==

" Well, this is probably my last, and foremost post here. Beybey peoples of DooM! I have moved on."

Jeremy, this is from your last post. Of course, when I use the word "last", I am referring to your most recent post before this one which I am replying to. Now, you claimed in this previous post that you had "moved on". This seems not to be the case. I would like to know if you are a liar or just an idiot.

I am having one of the loyal members of my church deliver this message for me, as I cóF

===--- End Transmition ---===

Guest Firebrandt
Stphrz said:

Good! Go with it :) Sounds like an interesting idea.

I second that! :)

I actually had the same idea some time ago (ph34r my magical Super Shotgun +3 =) ) so if you can actually pull it off I'll play.

Are you planning on using 3rd ed. rules for the combat system? Would probably suit it best since it's very combat oriented.

Also, please use the point buy system for character generation, since newbie llamas will just reroll the 3d6 until they get a perfect 108.
(to test the above theory I rolled and got a 95... Hmmm... 18,18,18,18,18,5... not bad--err, I mean very bad! heh)

Dream Destroyer said:

Announcement from Mewsecult(tm)!!

==--- "Mewse" ---==

" Well, this is probably my last, and foremost post here. Beybey peoples of DooM! I have moved on."

Jeremy, this is from your last post. Of course, when I use the word "last", I am referring to your most recent post before this one which I am replying to. Now, you claimed in this previous post that you had "moved on". This seems not to be the case. I would like to know if you are a liar or just an idiot.

I am having one of the loyal members of my church deliver this message for me, as I cóF

===--- End Transmition ---===

That post was on the Doom 3 forum and he never said he wouldn't post on other Doomworld forums, so Jeremy wasn't lying, just trying to mislead us :)

Update: oh wait, he's posted this message on the Doom 3 forum too. Welcome, Jeromy, to the ranks of the likes of Wildman, Ricrob, Daggah and other such people who claimed to be leaving the community "forever" (this is special Doom speak for "a few days")

Firebrandt said:

I second that! :)

I actually had the same idea some time ago (ph34r my magical Super Shotgun +3 =) ) so if you can actually pull it off I'll play.

Are you planning on using 3rd ed. rules for the combat system? Would probably suit it best since it's very combat oriented.

Also, please use the point buy system for character generation, since newbie llamas will just reroll the 3d6 until they get a perfect 108.
(to test the above theory I rolled and got a 95... Hmmm... 18,18,18,18,18,5... not bad--err, I mean very bad! heh)

Well, I like Advanced better than 3rd or D&D, but very little has changed between the two, so I guess I will. Oh, and I decided to saty becuase Elyuca claimed I was leaving becuase I thought his post were eritating me...and they werent, so i'm going to stay.

Well, someone already tried it but it sucked - badly (at least in my opinion). They called it DTNC or something.

I would work on such things as I already have a kickass custom roleplaying system put together, but I have other things to worry about (the two partial conversions I am working on, the on-going C&C clone I am designing, my life [which sucks really bad], and my addiction to 7up).

I am wondering how the D&D movie will turn out, hope they didn't make too many mistakes (putting one of the wayans' brothers in there is already a potential threat to the movie). A doom movie would be cool about now.

Jeremy said:

Well, I like Advanced better than 3rd or D&D, but very little has changed between the two, so I guess I will. Oh, and I decided to saty becuase Elyuca claimed I was leaving becuase I thought his post were eritating me...and they werent, so i'm going to stay.

How shotguns would work in D&D 3rd edition.

Standard Shotgun:
Does 6d6 damage x2 critical on a 16-20 roll. Range increment of 20 feet

Divide this damage by two every range increment you are away form the target unless it is a "large" or above sixed target (because it absorbs more shot). If other characters are near the line of fire then you must roll to hit them as well (dividing damage equally among both targets. Ex, two targets = 3d6 each, 4 targets = 1d12 each, 3 targets = 2d6 each).

The shotgun will hold 10 shotgun shells (the magical version automaticially reloads itself and gets +2), reloading it takes 4 full turns to reload the full ammo capacity (ie, 4 seconds per shell). Shooting takes one attack and pumping takes one attack (or one free action I think).

Super Shotgun:
Does 4d6 times 3, and x2 critical on a 16-20 roll. Range increment of 10 feet.

Divide damage as same as the standard shotgun. Only holds one shot (which equals 2 shells). Takes 1 full round to reload. The magical version automaticially reloads itslef but uses one attack (free action?) to do so.

Chaingun:
Does 5d6 damage and x2 critical on a 19-20 roll. Range increment of 40 feet. Divides damage much the same way as the standard shotgun because an attack is actually a burst of 5 shots. Takes 2 full rounds to reload but holds 50 bullets in a chain-belt (effectivly ten attacks).

Rocket Launcher:
Does 20d6 (or 2d6 x 10) damage, no critical. Range increment of 40 feet. Does radiant damage by dividing damage by two for every 5 feet away from impact (monster is 15 feet away, receives 20d6 damage divided by 8).

Oh, I got a bigass MS Works Spreadsheet with a whole buncha modern weapons and how they would work in D&D.

The shotguns are pretty mcuh the most complex weapon because they shoot out several attacks, but most will miss unless the target is a real wideass (like mancubus or cyberdemon). Machineguns work much the smae way because each pull of the trigger is like a shotgun blast.

Explosives add a new effect type to the list (spread, cone, etc.) called "Explosives" (gee, that was hard). Divides impact damage by 2 every 5 feet (1 ince) away from the blast, damage counts as bludegoning type.

--CYBERDEMON--
Environment: any
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Organization: Solitary
Size: Large or Very Large (depending on hitpoints)
Intelligence: inbetween 16 and 18
Hit Dice: 2d% +200 (200 hp + 2d100)
Movement Rate: 60 feet/round
Special Defenses: subtract 10 damage from each incoming attack (negative values are increased to zero), slashing weapons do no damage at all. All attackers must make a morale check on sight (fail= attackers run away)
History: Thought to be posessed minotaurs who were transformed by the lower-plane evils.

mancubus and others coming soon...

Guest Doom4Ever

i think thats a good idea. i have been working on a doom role playing game for some time now, exept i am basing it on shadowrun rules instead of d&d. i never like d&d too much, probly cause i hated the thyco system

In D&D 3rd edition, ther is no such thing as THAC0 any more. Armor Class 0 is preacticially the broad side of a barn that beggs to be hit. Anymore it is how high your armor class is (not how low, low=bad).

Now when you roll a number to hit, that will be the armor class value you hit.

Im glad they got rid of it too.