Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kevingpo

Doom2 MAP1 Music

Guest kevingpo

John Romero you heavy thrash metal fan, you nick Master of Puppets for MAP1.

Listen to the similarities of this 70's music (especially the solo 3.4 minutes through....

Guest Dream Destroyer

First of all. ROMERO DIDN'T WRITE THE MUSIC, BOBBY PRINCE DID.
Second of all. MASTER OF PUPPETS IS 1986. NOT 70'S.

are you new? if so dotn take this pesonally (oh hell go ahead)WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN¿ I popted this a few hundred times. im sure i wasnt the first though. its too obvious. its the first thing i noticed when i first played doom.

Guest Dream Destroyer

Again, I have to state this. The riff in E1M1's music is based of a common riff. They used it in Master of Puppets, Sweet Dreams (manson) and Crazy Train. I don't concider that riff to be a rip off of Master of Puppets, it's more cliche than anything.

Heh! I agree totally. It's a fairly common 12 bar blues riff. The actual chord progression differs from the one used in master of puppets as well. To me they don't sound THAT much alike.

Guest SlayeR
Dream Destroyer said:

Again, I have to state this. The riff in E1M1's music is based of a common riff. They used it in Master of Puppets, Sweet Dreams (manson) and Crazy Train. I don't concider that riff to be a rip off of Master of Puppets, it's more cliche than anything.

E1M1 is not Master of Puppets! It's 'No Remorse' from Kill 'em All! Listen to the chorus and it's exactly the same!

Doom1&2 also 'borrow' PanterA riffs, too, which CAN'T just be a coincidence. Listen to E3M1 and then listen to 'Mouth for War' (Pantera), or the Monster Condo music, which is 'This Love'!

For the 14th time...

Don't forget E3M3 is a Slayer song and MAP23 is Alice In Chains.

Guest Dream Destroyer
Stphrz said:

Heh! I agree totally. It's a fairly common 12 bar blues riff. The actual chord progression differs from the one used in master of puppets as well. To me they don't sound THAT much alike.

I had already posted a thread a long time ago about BP being a rip off artist. He copied a slayer song. note for note. drum hit for drum hit. About E1M1. I haven't heard it in a while, I was basing my argument on the fact that the other guy said it was a copy.

We've discussed this all before, many, many times. Half the Doom and Doom 2 tunes are either Pantera, Slayer, Alice in Chains or Metallica. Some of them only "inspired", some of them complete rip-offs.

Complete rip-offs: E3M3 (something or other by Slayer), MAP18 (This Love by Pantera), MAP23 (Them Bones by Alice in Chains), MAP25 (Angry Chair by Alice in Chains).

In fact, the MIDIs of the corresponding Alice in Chains songs sound identical (seriously, you can't tell them apart) to the MIDIs for the Doom 2 songs, so possibly Mr Prince didn't even transcibe the songs himself, he just nicked ones already available on the 'net at the time.

SlayeR said:

E1M1 is not Master of Puppets! It's 'No Remorse' from Kill 'em All! Listen to the chorus and it's exactly the same!

Doom1&2 also 'borrow' PanterA riffs, too, which CAN'T just be a coincidence. Listen to E3M1 and then listen to 'Mouth for War' (Pantera), or the Monster Condo music, which is 'This Love'!

hey yeah i think it is no remeorse..actually it depends on what sound card your listening on. and idont listen to pantera so i wouldnt know about that. i just dont like them. they have a good attitude about the music and fans though. and whoever sadi it was crazy train was wrong. crazy train has a lot more notes in its riff. and it jsut sounds different. someone who hadnt like disected it wouldnt really even see any connection between the two songs probably.

Guest Ahab

Pesonally when it first starts off, I think it sounds like something out of a James Bond movie or something.