Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

Hah! I found another game that stole Behoders

In seriouse Sam, there is a pink demons with two stubby legs, a spear, and one eye.
Now open your 1990's AD&D rnd edition color monster manuel, and look at the second page of the Beholders, and he's in there! Why does everyone steal the poor beholder? I guess cuase it's the damned coolest looking monster! Isn't that rite Mr. Hissy?

Some versions of the Gazer in the Ultima games look like the Beholder too, although they keep changing their appearance throughout the series.

The Gazers in Ultima Underworld 1 and 2 look most like a Beholder.

Hey, I just found another game that uses a beholder. It's yellow, and has no eyes at all, but still it is VERY obvious. The game is called 'Pacman'
*gg*:

Oh yeah, you know I said the Beholder is a rip-off of the Medusa? I was wrong.

It's a rip-off of the Medusa AND the Cyclops.

Guest prets
NiGHTMARE said:

Some versions of the Gazer in the Ultima games look like the Beholder too, although they keep changing their appearance throughout the series.

The Gazers in Ultima Underworld 1 and 2 look most like a Beholder.

C'mon!
now u can't make small goblinoids without imitating (A)DnD?
don't get me wrong! i looooove ADnD 2nd Ed, i've been playing it for something like 6 or 7 years now, still play, and couldn't like it more (it's the sole game i like more than DooM -flame me, see if i care).
it's just that, like i said in the previous beholder post,
1 - eyeballl monsters ROCK - u have gazers and seekers in ultima (gazers ARE precisely like beholders, xcept no mouth, seekers, in u8, are eyeball with the optic nerve connected, at the end of which is a NASTY mouth), and, even though i don't believe cacos are a beholder rip-off, i can live with that crap.
NOW, saying a 1-eyed goblinoid is a beholder-kin ripoff is like saying Cyclops from the X-Men is taken from the cyclops monster of DnD - and this one, i do believe every one know is a mythic monster. so are goblins and orcs (JRR Tolkien has a lot on these, though). Then again, saying that the pink thingy from sSam is a behloder-kin ripoff is like saying DnD elves are a ripoff of Santa's elves. get real