Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

3D models

ok i am into making my own 3D models. I want to learn how to do this, i know the basics but i have nmo prgrams to do this. Are there any good easy to learn free modeling programs out there. I would like any help from anyone. also check out my site in a few days i will have it updated by then

Guest Firebrandt

Well, there's the Milkshape modeller which you can get for under $30 bucks (goto www.polycount.com for url) or you can wait for Kinetix to release GMAX which will be a free, if severely limited, version of 3D studio MAX (which retails for about $3000).

Guest Firebrandt

It's worth the money if you can figure out how to use it--remember this is the program used for commercial (meaning movie sfx) computer animation. It doesn't suit itself all to well for developers using it completely for creating low-poly models. That's the thing GMAX will focus on (did I mention it's gonna be freee =) ).

Guest Firebrandt

If you have that kind of money to spend though you might want to check out Lightwave or Maya--both very versatile programs.
Or you can get Truespace 8 for about $200. I tried the demo and personally don't like it very much. It has a less than ideal interface IMO.

Jeremy said:

I have 3D Studio Max.
It's not worth the money >:(
$$$$

Hah!

Almost all game animations are done with 3DStudio Max jer! it IS worth the money!