Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

Newbie FAQ

Q: Where can I get the full version of Doom 1/Doom 2/Final Doom?

A: In a shop.

Q: When are ID Software going to release Doom 3 screenshots/the Doom 3 demo?

A: WE DON'T KNOW. Okay?

Q: I think someone should add high-res and mouselook to Doom! Is anyone going to do this?

A: Please go. Now.

Q: I AM WOKIN ONA NU MOD 4 DOOME WIL SUM 1 HLP MI?

A: No, now go away.

Q: How do I play Boom/EDGE/Legacy/ZDoom?

A: By running the included .exe. Are you brain-dead or something?

More to come!

Guest Taggart

I'm not braindead, but I did exactly what the text file for ZDOOM said, and I still didn't get it to work! I tried puttin it in my Ultimate DOOM directory, it created a shortcut for the .exe file, then I tried puttin the ZDOOM.wad, zdoom.cfg, and even the other file that I'm not sure what it was in the directory along with it, tried to start the .exe file, and then I got this error message sayin "Cannot find ZDOOM.wad=(some number). Excuse me? I put it in the same directory as my Doom game! How could it not find it???!!!!! If it has anything to do with it, my versions for both DOOM games I have are the Windows 95 versions (you know the one with the launcher at the start?)

PS: FYI I'm a newbie at this, so someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

That message usually means that it can't find zdoom.wad. Are you sure that zdoom.wad and zdoom.exe are from the same version, and that they're definately both in exactly the same directory?

BTW, I think maybe you should chose a new nick, there's already about fifty billion Taggarts, FTaggarts, FlynnT's, Fly's, etc around.

Taggart said:

I'm not braindead, but I did exactly what the text file for ZDOOM said, and I still didn't get it to work! I tried puttin it in my Ultimate DOOM directory, it created a shortcut for the .exe file, then I tried puttin the ZDOOM.wad, zdoom.cfg, and even the other file that I'm not sure what it was in the directory along with it, tried to start the .exe file, and then I got this error message sayin "Cannot find ZDOOM.wad=(some number). Excuse me? I put it in the same directory as my Doom game! How could it not find it???!!!!! If it has anything to do with it, my versions for both DOOM games I have are the Windows 95 versions (you know the one with the launcher at the start?)

Maybe ZDoom looks for the .WADs in the current directory, not the directory, the .EXE is in. If you run ZDOOM by a shortcut (as you said), try setting the "Working directory" (in the "Properties" sheet of the shortcut) to the directory where all the files are located.

Taggart said:

just copy the whole damn doom2 folder into your zdoom folder.
i ran zwadconv on doom2.wad also. dont know if this helps or not.

also, if your really a newbie, you would have made about 1000 retard posts by now.

"i just figrd ot that john romoro is ripoff artist. level 23 doom2 sonds jost lke.." you know.

xooz98 said:

i ran zwadconv on doom2.wad also. dont know if this helps or not.

It helps if you want to use zdoom.wcf in WadAuthor...