Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JelloBiafra

Order DooM, maybe

Guest JelloBiafra

Okay, I found this link over at Stimpees site on NewDoom. It has links to a site that sells Doom, but I haven't tried it, so I'm not sure. If one of you want to try to order it or look into it further, put this URL in your adress bar.
http://www.newdoom.com/stimpee/buydoom.shtml

I put this hear because I noticed a lot of people wanting to buy it but they couldn't find it. Well, if this works, tell me.

Why? They charge too much. In Minneapolis at the Best Buy stores you can buy the Doom Trilogy for $9.99!

You mean it includes the third Doom game which isn't even released yet?! Carmack must be having a FIT!! ;)

Nope, that's wrong. The Depths of Doom Trilogy includes Doom 1, Doom 2, and Master Levels for Doom 2, plus Maximum Doom, which is included with Master Levels and is about a couple thousand user-created levels which are freely available on the Internet.

Well, it's not actually a couple thousand levels, it's more like 1,780 WADS. Some of them have multiple levels but I highly doubt over 300 of them do; most of them are small. On top of this most of them that have multiple levels are really just multiple versions of map01, Dis style but much more extreme. Fifteen Cyberdemons anyone?

They do have some good DWANGO maps, but not all of them. Personally, my pwads folder is 444 megs (1860 wads) and that's not including doom, doom2, tnt, or plutonia.wad either. I like to keep them all handy so when a source port rolls around with really stable client play I'll have all the levels I need so I won't have to waste time getting a level.

I got my Depths of Doom Trilogy for $15 last year. Three discs in paper sleeves when it would all fit rather nicely on a single disc.

Thanks for reading another useless post by me. ;P