Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doom4Ever

Doom memorabelia

Guest Doom4Ever

i remember when i fist got doom and doom2 (got them at the same time), and every time i was finished i would put the cd back in the case, put that in the soft foamy stuff, and put that in the box that was in mint condition, and then put my box up on a high place. then i found out i didnt need a cd to play so i just kept the stuff nice anyway. now, they are smashed, bent, torn, and in the bottom of the pile at the city dump. the cases are craked and broken, and i dont even know where the cd's themselves are. i have noticed how i do this with every new game i get, i allways take perfect care for it untill i just stop careing. kinda sad really.

Guest Lurmy

HEY!
Let's make a movie!

"Many years ago... a young man and his pc game cd had a heavenly relationship, and it was thought that the disk would remain in Doom4evers loving arms safely forever. But time passed, and the doom game became forgotten under half life and Baldurs gate games galore, until he ended up common dump trash. But now, glued back together mysteriously, doom cd must decide to forgive and forget, or nuke Doom4ever. Prepare yourselves for the romantic thriller of the year.

4 STARS
-Bob Frapples, Armpit gazette.

2 THUMBS UP!
-I. M. Weetodid, Shaved duck weekly,

Coming New years day, it's

REVENGE OF THE FORGOTTEN DOOM CD

*Chuckle* :-)

Guest Lament

All real masterpieces don't have happy endings. The disk would return and cut Doom4Ever's throat with it's sharp broken edges.
I know it would.

I think this is a prelude to a follow up post "oh my hd crashed, lost doom2, can someone send it me? I DID buy it honest I can prove it, look at my post dated 29 Dec on doomworld " :)

Guest ZarcyB
Lament said:

All real masterpieces don't have happy endings. The disk would return and cut Doom4Ever's throat with it's sharp broken edges.
I know it would.

lol

Hey, speaking of original disks, does anyone have a copy of Doom on the original floppy disks? Not that I need it, but I was just curious, because I used to have the floppy disks for Doom II. I've since lost them, but recently I used an ICE program I found to make replicas of the original disks so that I could install DOOM II on my old 486 SX. Man, did that bring back memories. I remember way back (good gosh, I was probably 12 or 13) when I got Doom II for my birthday, and my computer didn't have a CD-ROM, so I got the floppy disk version, but my floppy drive was broken at the time, and so I waited MONTHS (at least it seemed that way) before I got it fixed and could install it. I was so excited because I had downloaded the shareware on my 14.4 modem, which took forever, and I was totally hooked, and was just dying to play the full version, and I loaded up the game, and the first thing I did was type in IDFA so that I could try out the BFG and plasma rifle. Oh, and then there was the PC speaker sound fx, and the first time I beat it, and user-made WADs, and TCs... Man, I have so many great memories of Doom. I will never stop playing.

Guest DSoD-Hellfire
ZarcyB said:

lol

heh reminds me of a situation with my old Doom 2 disk it got really badly scratched up (imagine a cd that was laid face down on pavement then ground into the road) luckily a few months later i ran across a copy at the local used game store