Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Don Incognito

Anyone got Zdoomgl to work?

Guest ZarcyB

I just downloaded it just now. A required .DLL file, PTC.DLL, was not found. DAMN!

Guest cacoman
Don Incognito said:

Let me go into detail..
I keep getting this error message :
"Can't find md2\v_dbfg\tris.md2"

ok that means that your missing a 3d model most likely for the bfg (not the extenthoin .md2) basicly your download of the zdoomgl was note compleate or the md2 files are not included with the d/l of zdoomgl

Guest Nuno Correia

Zarcy: you have to download ZDoom at zdoom.notgod.com. The site is down, though.

Guest Nuno Correia
NiGHTMARE said:

Nope.

Just delete it and wait for Skull Tag GL.

Heh, ditto :)

Don Incognito said:

Let me go into detail..
I keep getting this error message :
"Can't find md2\v_dbfg\tris.md2"

Yeah, I got it to work.

Try running with the -nomd2 parameter. You get this message because zdoomgl is reading the MD2.INI file and looking for md2 files in the directories it specifies, but is not finding them.

You could also delete/rename the md2.ini file and there is an in game option to switch off md2 support.

If you have downloaded the md2 models, they can't be correctly installed, or there is an error in the md2.ini file otherwise you wouldn't get the message.

BTW if you are running with a voodoo3 as I am, I have found the only way to get it to work is to not use (remove from the bat file) the -paltex parameter.

cacoman said:

ok that means that your missing a 3d model most likely for the bfg (not the extenthoin .md2) basicly your download of the zdoomgl was note compleate or the md2 files are not included with the d/l of zdoomgl

Thanks guys, I got it to work, but to tell you the truth, it doesn't knock my socks off. So, farewell Zdoomgl, I like plain old zdoom better.

Guest ZarcyB
Nuno Correia said:

Zarcy: you have to download ZDoom at zdoom.notgod.com. The site is down, though.

I have the latest beta.

Guest Nuno Correia

You've got to download ZDoom 1.22!