Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erick20

Hey Ling....

Guest Erick20

You gotta do something about the colors on doomworld.

Before I continue, let me assure you that I have design credentials. I used to be a corporate web designer, used to be a computer graphics major, and my girlfriend (whom I confide in often for design tips) is a graphic design major at a private art school.

anyway... I find that it is often a eye straining experience to try and read your daily headlines. Why...? Because everything on the website is BLUE!!! Big deal? Yes. Something this simple can be the subconscious determining factor as to whether or not a user reads them at all. I would recommend changing at least the headlines to a burnt orange color. Want an example? Look at my ID pic. See how nicely the orange color of the demon meshes with the military blue background of the forum? This is because blue and orange are complimentary colors. (if you look at a color wheel, you'll find that orange and blue are on opposite sides, if you add them together you get a neutral color.. that is how you define a complimentary.)

If you make the color change, I promise you a better lookin' doomworld. Just my 2 cents!

E.

Yes I know DW is very blue but personally I have never had problems reading it and neither have most people/

When I redesign DW it will hopefully be a little more colorful.

Erick20 said:

Look at my ID pic. See how nicely the orange color of the demon meshes with the military blue background of the forum?

If you say so...

Guest rworld1
Linguica said:

Yes I know DW is very blue but personally I have never had problems reading it and neither have most people/

When I redesign DW it will hopefully be a little more colorful.

I actually find the dark blue on even darker blue hard to read. It's not so much the headlines, though, that I have trouble reading as are the quotes that are sometimes taken directly from e-mails and web sites. I find myself having to high-light the text to be able to read it.

I'm not trying to be rude, I like the slick design of Doomworld, but the text can be difficult to read and hard on the eyes sometimes.

My 2 cents,

Guest JelloBiafra

I like the blue. Sometimes the dark blue text is hard to read on the darker blue background, such as the options when you're typing a reply (HTML code, icon selection and some others) But mainly I like the color scheme. I don't think a thing should be changed.