Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

BACK TO HELL... for everyone?!

Hey Doomers,
As surely a lot of you know, we at Orbit Interactive (www.newdoom.com/orbitint) have started another new Project called "Back to Hell" and is created by YOU! Sounds strange? It isn't! We give you a huge Resource WAD with:
-Ambient Sounds
-Textures
-Floors
..and you create a level on these resources! They are really large, believe me! There are a huge amount of quality Textures from a lot of Texture Designers (for example NiGHTMARE)!
Here are some important Rules:
-The Level must be Doom, Boom or ZDoom compatible! (ZDoom 1.23 allowed!!!!!!)
-You are allowed to create a Mapinfo + Sky (only if ZDoom!!!)
-You are allowed to create a new Midi Music or Screamtracker!
-You have to use only the included Textures, Flats and Ambient Sounds...

So go to www.newdoom.com/orbitint , download the Resource Wad and start your work TODAY!

um i whould like to do this but my map making skills arent the best (i havent even fully finnnished a map yet, coze when ever i look at my maps i think to my self THAY SUX and so i just stop making that map and work on a new one)

Guest RTC Marine

hehe, i think the sameway as you do, but instead i develop a map, save it and keep adding things too it! but i dunno if i can make a REAL map! :)

SaGa said:

um i whould like to do this but my map making skills arent the best (i havent even fully finnnished a map yet, coze when ever i look at my maps i think to my self THAY SUX and so i just stop making that map and work on a new one)

That is definetly not a good way to think about your editing ability. Instead, look at other high quality wads or games, and find ways to improve upon your current ability.

SaGa said:

well i guess i can try to make a level

Well! This isn't important, if you are a very skilled Designer or not! I'm sure YOU ALL can also create a nice single player level for Back to Hell! So... begin today!!! :-)

sound better than the 10 sector contest, but i dont know how to edit doom levels, sorry i am spoiled by brushes and entities

RTC Marine said:

hehe, i think the sameway as you do, but instead i develop a map, save it and keep adding things too it! but i dunno if i can make a REAL map! :)

hey my mapmaking skills suck too. ive tried to make wads but they all suck. too bad

Tormentor667 said:

Well! This isn't important, if you are a very skilled Designer or not! I'm sure YOU ALL can also create a nice single player level for Back to Hell! So... begin today!!! :-)

small problem

well im using windue 5.24 how do i load the resource pack

sephiroth said:

sound better than the 10 sector contest, but i dont know how to edit doom levels, sorry i am spoiled by brushes and entities

Ummm... how does it sound better than the 10 sector contest?

Guest Commando

Sorry, im now into Half-Life but just frequent the Doomworld forms. I also suck at doom2 level creation. See Ya.

xooz98 said:

hey my mapmaking skills suck too. ive tried to make wads but they all suck. too bad

Heh, I'm actually pretty decent (I think). I haven't released anything yet though... :|

SaGa said:

small problem

well im using windue 5.24 how do i load the resource pack

Well, open the wad with the menubar! Click on "File" -> "Open..." and then open the WAD File (BTH.WAD)! If WinDeu can't handle the wad, download a Doom editor like ZETH or DETH and use the wad with this editor! They are completely the same as WinDeu, but they run on DOS and are much better!

Lüt said:

Heh, I'm actually pretty decent (I think). I haven't released anything yet though... :|

Download the wad, start the work today :)