Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Duke Nukem

32X doom.

Guest Duke Nukem

I can't believe you all didn't like 32X doom. But then again it was the first time i played doom. So, therefor i like it the best. But, i remember reading you can play multiplayer on SNES doom. This isn't true is it?

Yeah, its true, using a special thing called xband that connects
to the xband network, but the xband network has been down for like 5 years when the company who made it (catapult) moved on to
bigger and better things. They now have a different name, i forget exactely what it is, but they make those steering wheels and other things like that for the consoles now. But i am just
an idiotic 14 year-old so what do I know?

By the way the coffee is ready, go get it before it gets cold :)

I liked 32X Doom. The only thing that bugged me was the screen size, you couldn't adjust it. They made a lot of the levels look different; that made it a bit more exciting. It was the 2nd time I had played Doom when I bought the 32X and Doom for myself, but the first time was on my cousin's laptop at my aunt's house, so I didn't remember anything. They cut out a lot of the overall size of the maps from the 32X; for example, Containment Area was only about 1/3 as big as the PC version. I liked what they did to the Spawning Vats though; in fact I did a PC conversion of that map for Doom2, so I could play the 32X version on my computer.

Guest Lurmy

I played doom first on the SNES. (Don't laugh). I remember I was like, eight years old or something. I remember how they took out the end sequence of episode one, so every time I beat the barons that come out of the pillars in E1M8 and went through the teleporters, I would wonder why I always died :)

Yeah, same here. I first played on the SNES Doom, and therefore, like it the best. And if you look at it on the bright side, at least you can beat Doom32x {which seemed like extended shareware} before you went to work :P But it added some cool new textures and stuff, but for me, it was really buggy.

Lüt said:

I liked 32X Doom. The only thing that bugged me was the screen size, you couldn't adjust it. They made a lot of the levels look different; that made it a bit more exciting. It was the 2nd time I had played Doom when I bought the 32X and Doom for myself, but the first time was on my cousin's laptop at my aunt's house, so I didn't remember anything. They cut out a lot of the overall size of the maps from the 32X; for example, Containment Area was only about 1/3 as big as the PC version. I liked what they did to the Spawning Vats though; in fact I did a PC conversion of that map for Doom2, so I could play the 32X version on my computer.

Do you still have it? If you do could you send it to me? I'd like to see it :)

I recently tried SNES Doom in a SNES-emulator on my Mac. I noticed the missing floor and ceiling textures. And gameplay was little choppy, with yerky movement and horrible sound, maybe because of the emulation.

The emulator "SNES9X" on the Mac is really great and (usually) gives excellant sound and many graphic modes.

I would gladly try out Doom64, but these cartridges are hard to get here on german ebay (banned) and US-NTSC cartridges would not work on our PAL-consoles (but I heard about an adapter).

Guest PFCGray
MACVILEWHORE said:

Yeah, its true, using a special thing called xband that connects
to the xband network, but the xband network has been down for like 5 years when the company who made it (catapult) moved on to
bigger and better things. They now have a different name, i forget exactely what it is, but they make those steering wheels and other things like that for the consoles now. But i am just
an idiotic 14 year-old so what do I know?

By the way the coffee is ready, go get it before it gets cold :)

First time I played DOOM was when it first came out on the shelves for PC. Tried 32X DOOM, thought it absolutely SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!! The enemies don't turn, monsters can't turn against each other, there's only a limited amount of music (up to e1m9 which in the 32X is used on e2m1), only has 2 episodes, the only way to get the BFG is to use the all weapons cheat, and there's no cyberdemon or spider mastermind! Then again, it was all I could get at the time (was about 5 bucks where I got it at). I still have it, but never play it mainly cuz my Sega isn't hooked up yet. I'll only play it whenever my mom wants to play it on my comp or whenever my friends wanna play it when they come over.

Guest Aradiel

I really enjoyed 32X Doom. Although, I played Doom for the first time ever on computer, the graphics still looked pretty good on the 32X. I really liked levels, they did an excellent job. In fact, I rented the 32X just so I could play Doom on it. I did the same thing with the old Jaguar, does anyone remember that one?

And does anyone remember seeing the 32X Doom TV commericals?