Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lüt

Well crap on me

Oh man. So I'm driving home from work with my 2 computers that I finally fixed up in the back seat of my car. It's a little after 8:00 PM on Sunday night. The road that leads home (all 80 miles of it) finally turns into a 4-lane road. So I'm going down this thing at about 40, in the right lane. There's a guy to my left who I decide to pass up. I catch a glimpse of a car about 150 feet in front of me. I am watching the guy to my left, waiting for him to either speed up or slow down so I can pull into the left lane, and all of a sudden that guy that was 150 feet in front of me is now 10 feet in front of me. Yep; some idiots parked their cars in the right lane. Anyways, I couldn't pull left or else I would've knocked the other old guy into oncoming traffic (which probably wouldn't be a nice thing to do) so I slam the breaks but the road is icy. My car, the car parked in front of me, and the car parked in front of the other parked car all get towed (these other two were each brand new 2001 models, wouldn't you know). The car I hit was black and I barely noticed the license plate reflecting my headlights before I hit it. I can't believe they needed 2 ambulances, a fire truck and 4 squad cars just for that. Well, my two computers got trashed too so I'm posting this on an old POS computer I had taken from the office a few months ago. This pretty much voided the money I've made the last 3 months that I've been working (my entire job for this year), so I am very pissed and will probably not be bothering with much computer stuff from now on. I haven't been able to check my main mail for the last 5 days cuz I was reloading and it looks like I won't be getting to it for another week, so... sorry, I didn't know where else to say this. If you're one of the guys who I gave a Millennium test package to, use sb4824@yahoo.com for sending me comments.

Well fuck man. That ain't good. You seem to be ok (hope no one else was hurt) at least. God speed on getting things back to normal for yourself. Shame about the computers, and a big Danzig 5 to the dweebs who parked their godamn cars in the right lane of the highway :P

Guest Gôvernôr Barôn

damn those black carred bastards

That sucks, Lut. Is the accident considered your fault for not noticing they were parked, or is the accident their fault for parking on the fucking highway?

I'm sure I speak for all of us here at the DooMWorld forums when I say it's a good thing you were able to walk away from that mess. I wish you a speedy recovery from your ordeal, and hope you are not financially responsible for the insurance claims (including your own deductible). Take care, dude.

mewse said:

That sucks, Lut. Is the accident considered your fault for not noticing they were parked, or is the accident their fault for parking on the fucking highway?

Yes it's my fault. I drive like 80 miles to work each day, and that entire highway is plastered with No Parking signs. This the ONE DAMN BLOCK ON THE ENTIRE ROAD where they allow parking, and it is on my side only. (the road turns into a 2-lane residential road further down where there is occasional parked cars, but this was the major section, not a residential one.) Still, I don't know what the people who decided to allow parking for this one block were thinking. Surely they knew this would happen; nobody would be dumb enough to not realize that nobody would be expecting parked cars on the outer lanes of a major roadway. If they were marked parallel-parking spaces, FINE! I see those all the time. But this is just a plain old white-dashed line, and the outer lanes are the same width as the inner lanes. They already charged me $165 to tow my car 4 blocks to their yard this morning, I don't know how much of the other damage the insurance will cover, but if I end up paying more than $500 of it because some selfish old bastards decided they needed the latest luxury cars for a status symbol and not out of pure necessity, they are gonna get a ton of mail from me.

Also, I'm bored enough I might even consider writing the village about allowing parking there. That's gonna be weird; usually I don't care about anything no matter how much it bugs me, now I'm writing a village board. Heh, the wonders never cease. I must be getting old.

Stphrz said:

Well fuck man. That ain't good. You seem to be ok (hope no one else was hurt) at least. God speed on getting things back to normal for yourself. Shame about the computers, and a big Danzig 5 to the dweebs who parked their godamn cars in the right lane of the highway :P

I got one of the computers working... of course, it's the crappy one (P200/128 RAM/13 Gigs, etc) so there's not much I can use that thing for. I hooked up the cable line to it for now, so that much is good.

My neck's a little sore from the whip but I was kinda working it out the day before so that wasn't the best time to have that happen.

Danzig 5 is a good idea; I should buy a small but noisy stereo and leave it in their front yard one night with Danzig 5 blasting. They're all old people living there, they'd probably die within minutes. (I know they're all old people - the entire street came out to see.)

ReX said:

I'm sure I speak for all of us here at the DooMWorld forums when I say it's a good thing you were able to walk away from that mess. I wish you a speedy recovery from your ordeal, and hope you are not financially responsible for the insurance claims (including your own deductible). Take care, dude.

Thanks. I don't know the deal on insurance, although I do know there wasn't collision. This happened to be my dad's car I was driving; he still keeps the insurance and I'm not sure what and how much he has. He's retired so he never uses it anyways. Guess he won't have the chance now :)

Lüt said:

I got one of the computers working... of course, it's the crappy one (P200/128 RAM/13 Gigs, etc) so there's not much I can use that thing for. I hooked up the cable line to it for now, so that much is good.

My neck's a little sore from the whip but I was kinda working it out the day before so that wasn't the best time to have that happen.

Danzig 5 is a good idea; I should buy a small but noisy stereo and leave it in their front yard one night with Danzig 5 blasting. They're all old people living there, they'd probably die within minutes. (I know they're all old people - the entire street came out to see.)

thats still good enuf for doom and all i got a p120 64mb and a cable modem and 4mb all in wonder card

Lüt said:

Most important is that you did not find your Doom in this crash. Cannot say much more ... oh, shit (Scheisse).