Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

Please help me FIX that ->

http://www.newdoom.com/files.asp?dir=/orbitint&file=BTHresource.zip -> This is the "Back to Hell" Resource WAD!

It doesn't work with Wadauthor! But I don't know why not! If you try to change textures, wadauthor "dies"!
Please.. I need help!

Guest ZarcyB

I have the wall textures working in WA... but how do I get all the different floor/ceiling textures working?

If the flats don't work, it's probably because your Start and End specifications for your flats are wrong. Make sure that your flats section starts with FF_START and ends with FF_END OR make sure the flats section starts with F_START and ends with F_END. You cannot have two F's that don't match (i.e. FF_START and F_END or F_START and FF_END.) Hope that helps!

I think I fixed it, but I don't know how you can get it to work in WadAuthor: every time I try to open the resource it tells me "Wad Does Not Contain Any Maps" in an error window and doesn't load anything at all. I looked through the help index for about 5 minutes too, there must be some obscure trick I'm missing here? I'd post the new file but I gotta see if it works, that's a pretty big file to be throwing around the net.

X-Blade said:

If the flats don't work, it's probably because your Start and End specifications for your flats are wrong. Make sure that your flats section starts with FF_START and ends with FF_END OR make sure the flats section starts with F_START and ends with F_END. You cannot have two F's that don't match (i.e. FF_START and F_END or F_START and FF_END.) Hope that helps!

I've always done it like this:

FF_START
flats
FF_END
F_END

Guest ZarcyB
Tormentor667 said:

Did you try it with zwadconv.exe ??? Do the Flats work?

After I used zwadconv.exe, the wall textures work but the flats still don't.

Lüt said:

I think I fixed it, but I don't know how you can get it to work in WadAuthor: every time I try to open the resource it tells me "Wad Does Not Contain Any Maps" in an error window and doesn't load anything at all. I looked through the help index for about 5 minutes too, there must be some obscure trick I'm missing here? I'd post the new file but I gotta see if it works, that's a pretty big file to be throwing around the net.

You can't load it as a normal level .wad. You've to load it as a resource wad: simply double-click on some empty space in you level (or right-click and select properties), then click "Include any images present in an external wadfile" and select the wad you want. However, WA seems to have some problems recognizing new flats.

AHA! Well, then, now that that's taken care of: I got the resource to work. You want it mailed or FTP'ed? I'd prefer mail since my good computers are broken and I don't have any of my FTP stuff on this one.

ZarcyB said:

After I used zwadconv.exe, the wall textures work but the flats still don't.

Great news for you:
Open the WAD (after you converted it with zwadconv.exe) with Wintex or Wadmanager or somethin like this! Then rename the F_END at the bottom of the FLATS in FF_END! Save the wad and the flats work! I will soon upload a working version of the wad to our site!